• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Summer Transfer Thread 2023

Colesman Ballz

Very well known Exeweb poster
Wednesday have had a huge decline in the last 3 months. To the point where I can't see how Moore will be able to keep his job come the end of the season. Which in itself is astonishing considering he was lined up for the West Brom job back in February.
I know that Moore is a devout Christian but it would have still required a "great leap of faith" for him to return to the Baggies who had sacked him as their manager in March 2019 !

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member

denzel

I really don't know why a player would leave a side 18th in League One for one in 14th, especially as I doubt there would be much difference in wages. Similarly Archie Collins going to Bristol Rovers- why?

Pmc grecian

I really don't know why a player would leave a side 18th in League One for one in 14th, especially as I doubt there would be much difference in wages. Similarly Archie Collins going to Bristol Rovers- why?
Doubt if Bristol rovers could afford the transfer fee for archie

fred binneys head

Doubt if Bristol rovers could afford the transfer fee for archie
He’s out of contract, do you mean the compensation?

ryancooper327

How long until we’re linked to Archie Mair?

Like I said a few days back, provided he is fit, James Wilson would be a good signing for us. Was he at Manchester United with Demetri?

Moomin Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
It’d be like summer 2021 again

Grecianpasty

We need to continue or investment in youth, but outside of the academy. Hopefully GC will have good contacts up north with players who have been released from the Prem/Championship or out of contract players in Scotland. Its been said for years, but in recent memory what young players have we actually signed from the top two leagues?

Spoonz Red E

We're already linked to Archie enough.

Apologies.
I heard your question in Gary's Scottish accent and thought you were still talking about Archie Collins.