• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Summer Transfer Thread 2023

Antony Moxey

Very well known Exeweb poster
Regarding the retained list…. There aren’t going to be many not on there I think?

We will likely try and move some on (perhaps Sweeney, Nombe for cash etc) but in terms of releasing anyone I can only think of Sparkes and Grounds who would be out of contract and we’d not try and retain?

Blackman, Key, Collins etc will obviously move on, we’ll “offer” contracts to the latter for compo. But quite an unusual year where we only want rid of a couple.
Why is it obvious that Key and Collins will move on?

iscalad

Probably because every other poster on Exeweb says so. So it must be true.🫣

Looks probable that Reading will be relegated. What chance of us signing Jokul and having him in competition with Harry Lee for the no.1 jersey? Much better option than Woods'.

MJP_Exeter

Well-known Exeweb poster
Looks probable that Reading will be relegated. What chance of us signing Jokul and having him in competition with Harry Lee for the no.1 jersey? Much better option than Woods'.
Just for his personality, I would love Jokull back.

Grecian in Guzz

Well-known Exeweb poster
Afram Jokull !!

citytillidie72

Well-known Exeweb poster
I'd rather we kept blackman, and I don't rate him either.

MJP_Exeter

Well-known Exeweb poster
I'd rather we kept blackman, and I don't rate him either.
I meant instead of Woods. Not the number 1 spot. I think Jokull would be better competition for any addition in place of Blackman.

citytillidie72

Well-known Exeweb poster
Fair enough. Never been convinced by him and certainly not a first choice keeper. Just because he's got personality and says afram city a lot, that's no reason to take him on either.

Grecian Max

Because they haven’t signed extensions Ant. It’s pretty obvious they are off.

Also, logically - at their stage in their careers they need to take on anew challenge. Sticking at City is only going to get them so far, as pros and people.

grecIAN Harris

Because they haven’t signed extensions Ant. It’s pretty obvious they are off.

Also, logically - at their stage in their careers they need to take on anew challenge. Sticking at City is only going to get them so far, as pros and people.
And the earlier predicted move to Rovers is going to take Collins is really going to take him further............. :ROFLMAO: :LOL: :ROFLMAO: :LOL: :ROFLMAO: