• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Summer Transfer Thread 2023

Grecian Max

Very well known Exeweb poster
Top 20 most expensive transfers (bar the recent one SF mentiones), definitely a correlation towards forwards being the most valuable and something I imagine is seen throughout all levelsUntitled.png

tom_ecfc

Tie break - how much for in total?
Undisclosed 😉

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
Undisclosed 😉
I know everyone finds an undisclosed transfer fee frustrating but it's a bit of a myth on here that all our player sales figures are undisclosed.

We know what amount we received for Grimes, Watkins, Nichols, Storey, Pond, and Randall

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
I know everyone finds an undisclosed transfer fee frustrating but it's a bit of a myth on here that all our player sales figures are undisclosed.

We know what amount we received for Grimes, Watkins, Nichols, Storey, Pond, and Randall
The fees always come out in the annual accounts so the only frustration is not knowing straight away.

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
As well as the players we have on our books currently that could be sold and make us some money to add to our budget next year we have a number of former players out there with potential to add to it. By my reckoning they are:

Matt Grimes - we had thought there wasn't a sell-on but Tagg contradicted that. He'd have to be sold for us to make anything more.

Ethan Ampadu - alsorts of add-ons. Let's hope Chelsea flog him.

Ollie Watkins - are there any add-on left for Villa staying up / appearance etc? I think also if Villa sell him, triggering Brentford's add-on, increasing their profit, we might be due a slice of that?

Jordan Storey - Preston have had a decent record defensively this season so there may be potential suitors. He's contracted until 2025 apparently.

Jay Stansfield - do we get some of the loan fee back we paid for him? 😅 It's unlikely he'll be moving on from Fulham permanently (this summer).

Joel Randall - his career has stalled massively at Peterborough so we're unlikely to see anything from there unfortunately unless he has a drastic change of fortune.

Alfie Pond - unlikely to see anything for at least a couple of years.

I also wonder if the deal that took MJ to Colchester or even the Stubbs deal included a sell-on. I don't think it's out of the question personally.

It's not unrealistic that any or all of Grimes, Ampadu, Watkins or Storey will move on in the summer. It could prove to be a significant boost to our budget next season 🤞

Last edited:

Grecian in Guzz

Well-known Exeweb poster
As well as the players we have on our books currently that could be sold and make us some money to add to our budget next year we have a number of former players out there with potential to add to it. By my reckoning they are:

Matt Grimes - we had thought there wasn't a sell-on but Tagg contradicted that. He'd have to be sold for us to make anything more.

Ollie Watkins - are there any add-on left for Villa staying up / appearance etc? I think also if Villa sell him, triggering Brentford's add-on, increasing their profit, we might be due a slice of that?

Jordan Storey - Preston have had a decent record defensively this season so there may be potential suitors. Not sure of his contract status though (is he still under 24?)

Jay Stansfield - do we get some of the loan fee back we paid for him? 😅 It's unlikely he'll be moving on from Fulham permanently (this summer).

Joel Randall - his career has stalled massively at Peterborough so we're unlikely to see anything from there unfortunately unless he has a drastic change of fortune.

I also wonder if the deal that took MJ to Colchester or even the Stubbs deal included a sell-on. I don't think it's out of the question personally.

It's not unrealistic that any or all of Grimes, Ampadu, Watkins or Storey will move on in the summer. It could prove to be a significant boost to our budget next season 🤞
Hopefully we get some income from any / all of the above but we are long overdue another big FA Cup pay day - just need to get to 3rd round and draw Newcastle etc (as long as we don't have the same ref as we did v Cambridge of course !)
UTC

MerleyRed

Jordan Storey - Preston have had a decent record defensively this season so there may be potential suitors. He's contracted until 2025 apparently.

Ben Chrisene.

StudentGrecian

I was never convinced we had a sell on for Storey, I remember at the time that it wasn't mentioned in the clubs press release like normal, thought it was part of the reasoning behind the high transfer fee. Good news if we do though.

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
I was never convinced we had a sell on for Storey, I remember at the time that it wasn't mentioned in the clubs press release like normal, thought it was part of the reasoning behind the high transfer fee. Good news if we do though.
Assuming we do for Grimes I can't see why we wouldn't for Storey?

StudentGrecian

Assuming we do for Grimes I can't see why we wouldn't for Storey?
Looking back through the Exeweb archives and it seems the consensus was we do have sell ons, just my bad memory clearly.