• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Holiday plans...

Bridgy 81

We enjoyed a few days in Belfast 3 years ago.
I gave some details of a very interesting guided walking tour we did up the Falls Road and down the Shankhill Road on the TV Times thread.
Post # 5,742 if you're interested.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
We enjoyed a few days in Belfast 3 years ago.
I gave some details of a very interesting guided walking tour we did up the Falls Road and down the Shankhill Road on the TV Times thread.
Post # 5,742 if you're interested.
Cheers, I was thinking of doing the Black Cab tour rather than walk it but will bear that in mind

Bridgy 81

Cheers, I was thinking of doing the Black Cab tour rather than walk it but will bear that in mind
No problem.
The walking tour was great, especially hearing the very different perspectives of our two guides.
It's not a very long walk, perhaps about 3 miles but it's done at a slow pace with various stops to see and hear about things of significance.
There's also comfort stop options if necessary.
I took mine in a Glasgow Rangers Supporter's Club bar. I didn't hang around for a drink though.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
I had a great 4 days in Belfast last weekend. Although thanks to Aer Lingus I got an extra night 😡

Such a great place and have mostly adopted tourism as their way of life. So many places worth going to and watching a genuine Irish band playing genuine live music that somehow included ABBA songs was top notch.

I did a couple of guided tours who tried so hard to be neutral but that is a real herculean task.

I went out to the Falls Road and the Shanklin Road on my own rather than use a guided tour. So much history from my teenage years and then moving to Aldershot and seeing it for real and so many battles remembered. Walking along the Peace Walls that are still locked at night.

My last morning was at the Titanic Museum. A lot more history that just the one ship.

Overall a top notch place to visit and 99% of the people will love to see you. But leave your politics behind!

OmanGrecian

Back in the UK for 10 days from 13 August. Spending it with my daughter and my girlfriend. Think I'm going to miss my connection in Frankfurt though. I have a 55 minute layover, and I know how big and slow that airport can be.

iscalad

Very well known Exeweb poster
Back in the UK for 10 days from 13 August. Spending it with my daughter and my girlfriend. Think I'm going to miss my connection in Frankfurt though. I have a 55 minute layover, and I know how big and slow that airport can be.
Pack a sleeping bag.
Are you going to catch any City games.

OmanGrecian

Pack a sleeping bag.
Are you going to catch any City games.
Will be there for Wycombe at home

Oldsmobile-88

Has anyone been caught up in the carnage at airports either here or abroad. ?

I’ve heard a few horror stories from people I know about flying from or into Bristol, though that was usually the case before the pandemic !

angelic upstart

Has anyone been caught up in the carnage at airports either here or abroad. ?

I’ve heard a few horror stories from people I know about flying from or into Bristol, though that was usually the case before the pandemic !
Not airport, but exeweb legend scaramanga took a day to get from Exeter to Dover ferryport recently. This did include a breakdown though.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
What are people's thoughts about visiting Dubrovnik? Is it the best place in Croatia or are other destinations better. We enjoy exploring but some time on the beach or beside the pool would be good. We'll be going in September.