• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Holiday plans...

DB9

Very well known Exeweb poster
Last holiday of the year completed. Wasn't Egypt as planned as that was on the red list when we needed to pay the balance of the costs.

So off to Antigua. Where the weather was sunny and a warm 30°c. It was all inclusive a first for us, just sit by the pool or on the beach. We ate far too well and drunk far too much! We hired a car on two days and toured the island, so many beautiful beaches and so quiet. I also tried out paddle boarding and kayaking. Went snorkelling, swam with, held and fed the stingrays.

A very chilled 12 days.
Looks lovely Hants, You've come back and we're still on this unbeaten run 🙂👍

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Looks lovely Hants, You've come back and we're still on this unbeaten run 🙂👍
It was great to be back in time to travel to St James Park on Saturday!

I also started planning my next train adventure down Italy in January, maybe on the third time it will happen.

Avening Posse

It’s just coming into summer here and we are off to Lake Macquarie for 5 nights in January. It’s a fantastic spot a couple of hours up the coast from Sydney

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
With next week's Italian rail adventure cancelled, we've been looking at holidays for the rest of the year. February will be Malta, March I'm taking my son to Porto for a few days, May looks to be Istanbul, and September will be a small boat cruise around some of the Greek islands starting and finishing in Athens. I wonder how many will actually happen!

At some point I'll work on booking my fourth attempt to travel to Italy.

OmanGrecian

With next week's Italian rail adventure cancelled, we've been looking at holidays for the rest of the year. February will be Malta, March I'm taking my son to Porto for a few days, May looks to be Istanbul, and September will be a small boat cruise around some of the Greek islands starting and finishing in Athens. I wonder how many will actually happen!

At some point I'll work on booking my fourth attempt to travel to Italy.
Why was your Italian rail holiday cancelled? Everything is very much open here (if you are fully vaccinated).

I need to start planning another holiday. I move back to Oman in June for 6 months, so may push further east for some holidays while I'm there.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Why was your Italian rail holiday cancelled? Everything is very much open here (if you are fully vaccinated).

I need to start planning another holiday. I move back to Oman in June for 6 months, so may push further east for some holidays while I'm there.
Too much expensive testing. Plus my release from isolation needed to be really quick to be able to go to work the following day and I couldn't find anyone that could guarantee that.

Oldsmobile-88

Too much expensive testing. Plus my release from isolation needed to be really quick to be able to go to work the following day and I couldn't find anyone that could guarantee that.
A lot of it is pointless.It’s a racket.

I fear that this current testing regime will be hard to unwind in the future.

DB9

A lot of it is pointless.It’s a racket.

I fear that this current testing regime will be hard to unwind in the future.
It will be there "Voluntarily" but if you tick "No Thanks" you'll pay more, Then eventually you'll pay whether you have it or not, It'll be in the cost of the holiday, Not as an "Extra"

HH12

Well-known Exeweb poster
Not Summer but just safely returned from a week in Tenerife - needed extra hand luggage for all the extra paperwork :)

manc grecian

Trying to book somewhere in the UK for May half term. Prices are extortionate