• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Holiday plans...

elginCity

Very well known Exeweb poster
Thought it was a fancy duck house in the middle of your lake, Al ��

Alistair20000

Thought it was a fancy duck house in the middle of your lake, Al ��
Our duck house is a bit grander Elgy ;)

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
Aside from the obligatory visit to Dorset (and Madam spending a few weeks there) we're planning a few days away somewhere like the Cotswolds, although nothing firmed up yet.

Saving up for next year instead - stepbrother is getting married in Greece next July.

Snakebite

Well-known Exeweb poster
Long weekend in Krakow over the upcoming bank holiday weekend.
A week in Devon in early August (with a couple of nights away while the kids are spoilt by grandparents)
Then we've booked a week in Wales in later September in a log cabin.

Continuing my mission of ticking off at least one new country per year, Poland achieves that for me this year.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Continuing my mission of ticking off at least one new country per year, Poland achieves that for me this year.
How many have you now done? I'm probably at about the 20 mark, mainly Europe.

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
How many have you now done? I'm probably at about the 20 mark, mainly Europe.
Can't say I've done many myself - only counted countries where I have actually travelled through on terra firma rather than airport stops:

UK
Ireland
France
Germany
Belgium
Netherlands
Luxembourg
Switzerland
Italy
Czechia
Spain
Portugal
USA
Mexico
Zimbabwe (well, Rhodesia!)
South Africa

Will add Greece to this next year.

If you include fuel stops, then added to the list would be Egypt, Kenya and Cabo Verde (thanks to Apartheid!).

Snakebite

Well-known Exeweb poster
I'm on 18 now with most in Europe, I thought it was more to be honest.
I'm quite fortunate though, Hungary, Czech Republic, Switzerland and Japan have been ticked off through work and tend to take me to some off the beaten tourist track towns and areas.

Iceland and Croatia/Bulgaria are in the frame for short breaks/holidays next year I think.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Prague booked for July. Country number 23 for me.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
This isn't a summer holiday idea, but wondering about doing a epic train journey next January going via Helsinki to St Petersburg down the down to Moscow and return via Minsk and Warsaw back to London. Would it be a bad idea as far too cold?

Oldsmobile-88

This isn't a summer holiday idea, but wondering about doing a epic train journey next January going via Helsinki to St Petersburg down the down to Moscow and return via Minsk and Warsaw back to London. Would it be a bad idea as far too cold?
Lupine Travel based in Wigan have a train trip to trump all..Wigan to Pyongyang in April 2020(you can join at St Pancras for a slight deduction) around £3k...Pretty much sold out already.They are looking to run another one later that year.