• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Holiday plans...

iscalad

Very well known Exeweb poster
Dubrovnik doesn't have a railway station ☹

Playing with an itinerary for Croatia and now wondering how to get from Split to Dubrovnik 🙂
Horse and cart?

fred binneys head

Dubrovnik doesn't have a railway station ☹

Playing with an itinerary for Croatia and now wondering how to get from Split to Dubrovnik 🙂
Definitely ferry - it’ll be spectacular.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Definitely ferry - it’ll be spectacular.

I wondered about doing that by taking in Hvar but not sure what we'd do with our luggage.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Horse and cart?
I worry that might be what passes as the local public transport 😃

fred binneys head

I wondered about doing that by taking in Hvar but not sure what we'd do with our luggage.
Take it with you, lots of people will be doing the same. Depends how much you have of course.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Well Croatia won't happen this year. We recently rehomed a couple of cats and although our children will look after them we've decided to stay at home. Plus we really can't afford it, finances are a struggle, and it's the wife's 60th next year and she's taking us all to Charlestown, N Carolina.

Anyways, on Saturday we're catching a couple of trains down to Barcelona, then the following day down to Andalusia to visit Seville, Cordoba and Granada, flying back from Malaga at the end. Really looking forward to visiting Moorish Spain. Our son is cat sitting the weekend and our daughter will home work from our place during the week. :)

Bridgy 81

Anyways, on Saturday we're catching a couple of trains down to Barcelona, then the following day down to Andalusia to visit Seville, Cordoba and Granada, flying back from Malaga at the end. Really looking forward to visiting Moorish Spain. Our son is cat sitting the weekend and our daughter will home work from our place during the week. :)
We were in Seville for a few days in September 2019.
It’s a lovely place and was baking hot when we were there even going into the beginning of October.
We spent all our visit in the city itself apart from a public bus ride a few miles out to the roman ruins, Italica.
They’re well worth a visit if you get the chance.
We were keen to explore the area further so had booked to return in the summer of 2020, but of course COVID put a stop to that.

iscalad

Well Croatia won't happen this year. We recently rehomed a couple of cats and although our children will look after them we've decided to stay at home. Plus we really can't afford it, finances are a struggle, and it's the wife's 60th next year and she's taking us all to Charlestown, N Carolina.

Alhambra in Granada is well worth a visit.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
We were in Seville for a few days in September 2019.
It’s a lovely place and was baking hot when we were there even going into the beginning of October.
We spent all our visit in the city itself apart from a public bus ride a few miles out to the roman ruins, Italica.
They’re well worth a visit if you get the chance.
We were keen to explore the area further so had booked to return in the summer of 2020, but of course COVID put a stop to that.
I don't think we'll get a chance for the Italian ruins. The wife was hoping for a free visit to the cathedral but wasn't quick enough. One of our days staying in Seville will be spent travelling to Cordoba.

Our night in Barcelona we'll be staying near the Familia Sagrada. I've only ever seen this incredible building from the outside so am really looking forward to going inside and I think we have a 11am time slot to visit.

The train strikes in the UK are a bit of a pain, but there are trains from Farnborough so we'll catch the 07:18 to Waterloo. Then a train from to Pancras to Paris then we're catching a double decker down to Barcelona (seats in the upper deck booked!) arriving at 21.25 local time. A long day!

Antony Moxey

Sounds fantastic Hants. I really do get quite jealous of your trips, but at the same time love seeing your pics. 😊