• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Summer 2019 - Possible signings

Temporarily Exiled

Sometimes I wonder if Sweeney could play in midfield.
Ball retention is not a strong side to his game.

Sometimes I wonder if he can even play RB.... :(
We definitely need another RB regardless with Wilson returning to West Brom and Oates being released. I wonder if West Brom will try to get Wilson a loan move to League One again, or whether they'd be happy for him to return here. Maybe a bit of a boring move for us, but helpful for defensive cohesion if we can get him back.

Last edited:

iscalad

Very well known Exeweb poster
John Stead,..36 but could do a job for one season.

Temporarily Exiled

Very unambitious, we can do better.

Last edited:

Colesman Ballz

That is in the realms of asking Clinton to come back !

Banksy

That is in the realms of asking Clinton to come back !
Or Cureton . Thinks , wait a minute.............

Moomin Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Joe Edwards, Kieron Morris and Zeli Ismail released by Walsall. Suspect all 3 may look for a L1 club but would be worth a look. Edwards played for Yeovil so no stranger to the South West.

Langer

I’m not totally against this type of signing for the right player it would be short term obviously but if you get a younger player who does the business this normally turns out short term as well I would think he’s not been offered a new terms at Notts because of wages rumoured to be around 3k a week ex premiership and all that but a deal for half that money you could do a lot worse I admit I don’t know his injury record I would be more interested in Reuben at 30 years old if we knew his attitude wouldn’t upset everyone.

Last edited:

ryancooper327

Does anyone know how we scout? I’m curious. Do we have our own team of scouts or do we use freelance EFL scouts? Or any other method?

MerleyRed

Does anyone know how we scout? I’m curious. Do we have our own team of scouts or do we use freelance EFL scouts? Or any other method?
We have a new set-up, which Matt explains in the DevonLive interview below. (Listen to the interview rather than just reading the text).

https://www.devonlive.com/sport/i-want-winners-matt-taylor-2849765

Last edited:

ryancooper327

We have a new set-up, which Matt explains in the DevonLive interview below. (Listen to the interview rather than just reading the text).

https://www.devonlive.com/sport/i-want-winners-matt-taylor-2849765
Thanks. Interesting stuff.