• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Suarez seems an all round nice chap..

PeteUSA

Very well known Exeweb poster
I know most on here were at the Liverpool game, but for those left with the TV coverage (which I thought was excellent), there was a brilliant bit at the final whistle, when a City fan had the balls to call to Suarez, who was sat at the end of the substitutes bench, call him over, and ask him if he could get a picture taken with him, while this woman, who I assume was his missus, took the picture! Suarez got as close to the seperation rail as he could to be in the picture with this fan, and produced a beaming smile for the the long winded taking of the portrait, before catching up with the rest of the team on their way out!

I thought that was a nice touch, and I couldnt imagine many other players of his status doing that.

Does anybody know who the fan is (he looked in his 40's), or weather he's an exewebber? I wouldnt mind seeing the picture on here.

LOG

Ask the Ghanians if they think he's an all round nice chap.

Cheggers

I know most on here were at the Liverpool game, but for those left with the TV coverage (which I thought was excellent), there was a brilliant bit at the final whistle, when a City fan had the balls to call to Suarez, who was sat at the end of the substitutes bench, call him over, and ask him if he could get a picture taken with him, while this woman, who I assume was his missus, took the picture! Suarez got as close to the seperation rail as he could to be in the picture with this fan, and produced a beaming smile for the the long winded taking of the portrait, before catching up with the rest of the team on their way out!

I thought that was a nice touch, and I couldnt imagine many other players of his status doing that.

Does anybody know who the fan is (he looked in his 40's), or weather he's an exewebber? I wouldnt mind seeing the picture on here.
Pete, have to say, all the players and backroom staff I had dealings with before, during and after the match were very amicible and willing to have the photos taken with fans and staff. As can be seen in the gallery on the club website, they even let me in the changing room to take photos. Not a Liverpool fan but they went up in my estimation. Liverpool FC thank you.

PeteUSA

Pete, have to say, all the players and backroom staff I had dealings with before, during and after the match were very amicible and willing to have the photos taken with fans and staff. As can be seen in the gallery on the club website, they even let me in the changing room to take photos. Not a Liverpool fan but they went up in my estimation. Liverpool FC thank you.
Thats nice to read Keith, and I have to say that from the TV coverage, it appears that throughout the squad, and including Dalglish, they didnt appear in the slightest bit c*cky, particularly by not over-celebrating their goals, or arguing with refereeing decisions.

I must check out the gallery now for your pictures.

Cravat 2

Ask the Ghanians if they think he's an all round nice chap.
He reacted instinctively and threw out an arm in desperation to prevent a goal against his team in a World Cup game. He was caught and sent off. They missed the penalty.

I'd hope for the same from Tommy Nichols if Exeter reached the FA Cup quarters! :)

Most of the England team would probably just be pleased to be out and heading back to their mansions!

Last edited:

LOG

I'd hope for the same from Tommy Nichols if Exeter reached the FA Cup quarters! :)
Super Tommy Nichols is one of us. Suarez is one of them and, therefore, a cheat :)

Poultice

Super Tommy Nichols is one of us. Suarez is one of them and, therefore, a cheat :)
True that !

flat_cap

They were a right bunch of miserable tw*ts both when they arrived at the airport, and when they departed. Funny how their behaviour changes when the cameras are off. The only exception was Kenny Dalglish who was very thankful and a true gentleman, letting the female staff through security before him etc.

chrisnaan

The only exception was Kenny Dalglish who was very thankful and a true gentleman, letting the female staff through security before him etc.
Surely that's not the sort of sexist behaviour a family club like ours should be allowing. ;)

Mackster

Since Kenny has taken over the scousers popularity has gone up. He is a proper football man and does have a real affinity with the fans. He was bit of miserable person last time he was in charge of 'Pool but now we are seeing that he has a real sense of humour (I'm not talking about signing Downing & Henderson for £40m).