• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Strikers

scottus86

I don't think we need a thread about our strikers. It's our midfield that's let us down in the goals department. Has Sweeney scored more goals himself than our entire midfield combined? It's got to be close.

Well-known Exeweb poster
I thought you said the budget was the best it had been & the same with the squad - make your mind up
If your gonna quote me get it right,

show me where EXACTLY did i SPECIFICALLY

mention budget.

Well-known Exeweb poster
Stick Pierce Sweeney up top with Stockley - he's a better finisher than most.
do you know, when i was watching him finish i was thinking the same,and i was trying not to be hapi that the chance didnt fall to stockley trouble is i'm not so sure he would handle the 'other' duties well enough.

STURTZ

Very well known Exeweb poster
Stick Pierce Sweeney up top with Stockley - he's a better finisher than most.
I think this might be worth a try.

CREDYGRECIAN

Loving the free flowing entertaining football at S
Tongue in cheek of course but 7 goals for a right back is a fine return - sadly he's now our 2nd top scorer (joint with Reid)

This current crop (attacking options) has to be one of the worse we've had in a few seasons mind in terms of partnerships & compatibility

Well-known Exeweb poster
I think this might be worth a try.
yeah think he's composed enuf in front of goal but he's in such **** poor shape not sure he could handle the physical battering he's likely to get and he aint exactly mr discipline that second goal yesterday wasnt it his header out and his job closin the ball down givin the morc boy time to get the shot off?

Well-known Exeweb poster
Tongue in cheek of course but 7 goals for a right back is a fine return - sadly he's now our 2nd top scorer (joint with Reid)

This current crop (attacking options) has to be one of the worse we've had in a few seasons mind in terms of partnerships & compatibility

how good was brunt anyone when he was fit at the arse wipes ? i never saw him i know theres no point thinkin him for decent bac up ect ect atm just wondering

Last edited:

malcolms

yeah think he's composed enuf in front of goal but he's in such **** poor shape not sure he could handle the physical battering he's likely to get and he aint exactly mr discipline that second goal yesterday wasnt it his header out and his job closin the ball down givin the morc boy time to get the shot off?
You do wonder how a professional sportsman allows himself to get into that sort of shape..He wasn't like that at Reading,

STURTZ

Sorry but I can't see this fat bloke that people keep talking about, to me Sweeny is bulky and has the accompanying strength, but he isn't carrying much flab. Football fans are the new body image fascists. Akinfenwa fat? Billy Kee fat?, they are amongst the best strikers in league 2.

Last edited:

Well-known Exeweb poster
Sorry but I can't see this fat bloke that people keep talking about, to me Sweeny is bulky and has the accompanying strength, but he isn't carrying much flab. Football fans are the new body image fascists. Akinfenwa fat? Billy Kee fat?, they are amongst the best strikers in league 2.
nah mate his gut hangs over his shorts, that aint strength it's LARD...