• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Strikers

Well-known Exeweb poster
and is that 'useless structure' is it the same one that brought us curaton watkins reid stockley ?

Well-known Exeweb poster
We had the money to sign seaborne so it appears wasting money is fine.
yeah but in fairness last season a lack of decent cover at the bac saw us sitting on the bottom of the division, seaborne same as archibald with patience ,he WILL come good enuf, he just aint had enuf game time yet i'm still wondering if he even did a pre season?. dont think he was signed with anyone and from what i've heard he aint exactly mr motivated when it comes to personal fitness.

Last edited:

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
and is that 'useless structure' is it the same one that brought us curaton watkins reid stockley ?
Not a happy bunny at present but yes in fairness you should also add David Wheeler, Ryan Harley and TAH.

manc grecian

Very well known Exeweb poster
We can argue all fing day but the fact remains he sold a decent league 2 striker and didn't have anyone lined up to replace him. Like it or not, that's his job. It's made even more negligible because he obviously doesn't rate any of Stockleys partners.

Saying "I tried hard " is what the thick kids at school say.

CREDYGRECIAN

Loving the free flowing entertaining football at S
We can argue all fing day but the fact remains he sold a decent league 2 striker and didn't have anyone lined up to replace him. Like it or not, that's his job. It's made even more negligible because he obviously doesn't rate any of Stockleys partners.

Saying "I tried hard " is what the thick kids at school say.
Exactly right - no plan B what so ever.

He brought in a striker who had scored 0 in 9 games at Stevenage (Ryan Loft) on loan earlier this season and he's hardly kicked a ball surprise surprise....

Jay isn't a natural goal scorer or finisher you can see that from the games he's played , Brunt is this seasons "injury gamble" signing which hasn't worked out (didn't he learn from Will Hoskins) Simpson has scored 1 goal in 2 seasons & McAlinden who's probably the best of the back up didn't even get on ahead of Jay today...

Tisdale signs the players & 007 reckons we've got a good squad - having numbers doesn't mean it's good having quality does

CREDYGRECIAN

so you really think a second div team on a v v tight budget can keep a goal scoring striker on the bench ?
I thought you said the budget was the best it had been & the same with the squad - make your mind up

STURTZ

We've got a good squad means that if one crap player gets injured we've got an equally crap player to step in.

IndoMike

We've got a good squad means that if one crap player gets injured we've got an equally crap player to step in.
Bloody 'ell. You posted in the future. Sturtz. Or has the celebrated Exeweb clock gone orf again?

CREDYGRECIAN

Stick Pierce Sweeney up top with Stockley - he's a better finisher than most.

Banksy

Stick Pierce Sweeney up top with Stockley - he's a better finisher than most.
See my post #59 on the matchday thread Credy , beat you to it!Mind you , said in jest!