• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Stevenage vs Exeter prediction and discussion thread

Colesman Ballz

Very well known Exeweb poster
(I've hit the whiskey rather early chaps..😂 it's easier these days to prepare for a city game half cut that way your drowning your sorrows before and during the fact )
You are Razor and I claim my five quid ! The winnings will go straight into my own bar tab in the "Virtual" :p

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster
270 tickets sold so far for this game.
Massive respect for those travelling a long way for this.

Number13

Just put a quid on us at 5-1. I know I've gone full turtle, but ask yourselves this:

1)If we were third and at home to the worst team on current form, we would probably be bricking ourselves, how many times has that happened to us in the past?

2) We just have to win, the players know they have talent somewhere and will be dying to stick two fingers up to the naysayers. And being away, they will feel less pressure

3) I don't think I could cope with another loss.

270 is dreadful for a Saturday so near London, really surprised by this (but also delighted as it means that even less will go to Cambridge and Reading and we'll be able to choose to sit where we want......)

I agree with point 1 and point 3

My issue with point 2 isnt about "do the players have the ability" as we know that most arent actually good enough. For me its more about "do the players actually care". I mean really care. Does Rankine risk breaking his leg, fracturing his skull for the cause? Does Trevitt? Scott? I think that Kite would fly into a 50/50 like a Cronin or a Dunne would or a Todd but he might be the only one and thats why he'd be the first name on my teamsheet in a defensive midfield position. Hartridge maybe would have beforehand but I would think he'll be delighted to get his summer move now and doesnt want to scupper that with a leg in plaster

And some of you will tell me "football isnt like that anymore" so look at it another way. Physically, in terms of running and effort, are all 10 outfield players really convincing you that they are going out of their way to run harder than they ever have before. You dont get in a Pep side or a Klopp side if you dont work hard on and off the ball.....

Grecianman135

You are Razor and I claim my five quid ! The winnings will go straight into my own bar tab in the "Virtual" :p
I wish I was a man of that noble and brilliant fame... 😂

denzel

This is from the EFL stats this week.

Bit of a contrast between the first two facts and the last two 😆

EFL

Sky Bet League One: Pre-match stat pack
League One
15 Dec
Words: EFL

Take a look ahead to the weekend in Sky Bet League One with our pre-match stat pack:
Barnsley v Charlton Athletic
Bolton Wanderers v Bristol Rovers
Cambridge United v Blackpool
Carlisle United v Northampton Town
Cheltenham Town v Leyton Orient
Derby County v Wycombe Wanderers
Fleetwood Town v Peterborough United
Lincoln City v Reading
Oxford United v Burton Albion
Port Vale v Wigan Athletic
Shrewsbury Town v Portsmouth
Stevenage v Exeter City

• Stevenage have failed to win any of their last eight League Two matches against Exeter City (D2 L6), their longest winless streak against the Grecians.
  • Exeter City are unbeaten in their last four away trips to Stevenage (W2 D2), winning two of their last three (D1).
  • Stevenage have forced 192 high turnovers this season, 41 more than any other team in in League One (Reading, 151).
  • Exeter City have lost each of their last five League One away matches, last having a longer losing run on the road in April 2012 (run of nine).

Pete Martin (CTID)

This is from the EFL stats this week.

Bit of a contrast between the first two facts and the last two 😆

EFL

Sky Bet League One: Pre-match stat pack
League One
15 Dec
Words: EFL

Take a look ahead to the weekend in Sky Bet League One with our pre-match stat pack:
Barnsley v Charlton Athletic
Bolton Wanderers v Bristol Rovers
Cambridge United v Blackpool
Carlisle United v Northampton Town
Cheltenham Town v Leyton Orient
Derby County v Wycombe Wanderers
Fleetwood Town v Peterborough United
Lincoln City v Reading
Oxford United v Burton Albion
Port Vale v Wigan Athletic
Shrewsbury Town v Portsmouth
Stevenage v Exeter City

• Stevenage have failed to win any of their last eight League Two matches against Exeter City (D2 L6), their longest winless streak against the Grecians.
  • Exeter City are unbeaten in their last four away trips to Stevenage (W2 D2), winning two of their last three (D1).
  • Stevenage have forced 192 high turnovers this season, 41 more than any other team in in League One (Reading, 151).
  • Exeter City have lost each of their last five League One away matches, last having a longer losing run on the road in April 2012 (run of nine).
This is exactly the kind of record that will be halted tomorrow.

JCWhoosh

Sanisalo
Sweeney Diabate Hartridge

Niskanen Cole Kite Aitchison Taylor

Yanic Cox

STURTZ

Just hope I don't spend another Saturday night crying in my beer.

Bridgy 81

Just hope I don't spend another Saturday night crying in my beer.
At least if you are I trust for your sake it won’t be in a Stroud pub.