• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Stevenage v Exeter discussion thread

Legohead

Banned
Matty and the lads are back on the road again for Tuesday night's encounter with Satanage. So what can we expect? In terms of team selection, performance and result?

Satanage surprisingly, have the leagues tightest home defence having only conceded 8 but on the flipside, they've also only scored 10 at home which is amongst the lowest in the division. They've won 4, drawn 4 and lost 4 of their 12 home league games. They are in good form too, their defeat to us at SJP a few weeks ago being only their second loss in their last 11, the other one a 4-0 trouncing away at Carlisle. Which, as we all know is not an easy place to go and get a result.

My heart says that we must get the 3 points from this game and we'll win 2-0. However, my head says another 0-0 draw ala Harrogate where we fail to provide the cutting edge needed to earn the win.

I'm being positive and going for a 2-0 Grecians win to get us back on track. I've also signed up for this today on ifollow so very much looking forward to that and it's a SEVEN O'CLOCK kick off. COYR!

Martin Lawrence

Well-known Exeweb poster
I am hopeful of incoming(s) tomorrow, but assuming new players wont start, I would go for a starting XI of:

(Gk) Andresson
(Rb) Caprice
(Rcb) Sweeney
(Lcb) Hartridge
(Lb) Paige
(Rcm) Taylor
(Cm) Jay
(Lcm) Collins
(Lw) Sparkes
(Att) Bowman
(Rw) Key

Subs: (Gk) Maxted, (Cb) McArdle, (Lcb) Parkes, (Cm) Kite, (Cm) Atangana, (Att) Seymour, (Att) Fisher (if he is still here).

Grecian in Guzz

Well-known Exeweb poster
What - no Nicky Law !
UTC

JCWhoosh

It would never happen but if the wingers aren't available then I would do a diamond:

Andresson
Key Sweeney Parkes Page
Kite
Taylor Collins
Jay
Bowman Ajose

Enough quality out wide with the fullbacks. Get the ball on the deck in the 6 yard and Ajose should be there.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
What no new signing !

Red Devon

Very well known Exeweb poster
Make as few changes as necessary....we need to find a rhythm to our play again, continuingly chopping and changing Key, Sparkes Page and Hartridge around doesn’t do anything to help that...same lineup as Saturday except Taylor for Nigel and then MT must decide who to replace Law.

Martin Lawrence

Well-known Exeweb poster
What no new signing !
Depends who we sign. Might be too early to bloody a newbie but maybe if they know the team 🤔

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
Make as few changes as necessary....we need to find a rhythm to our play again, continuingly chopping and changing Key, Sparkes Page and Hartridge around doesn’t do anything to help that...same lineup as Saturday except Taylor for Nigel and then MT must decide who to replace Law.
I thought Joel Randall is going to be fit again? If so, he will surely play. Sparkes to drop out, he looks out of sorts at the moment.

Red Devon

Very well known Exeweb poster
I thought Joel Randall is going to be fit again? If so, he will surely play. Sparkes to drop out, he looks out of sorts at the moment.
Would be good to see Joel back we’ve certainly missed him.

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
Depends who we sign. Might be too early to bloody a newbie but maybe if they know the team 🤔
Is that a tease, Martin?