• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Stevenage v Exeter City Matchday Thread

Grecian in Guzz

Well-known Exeweb poster
Bowman put himself about. A handful for opposition defenders. Seymour looks too lightweight but he's only a young lad i guess. To not be unkind, lets just say improvement is needed but we all see things differently i guess. We looked so well organised though and tidy at the back for a change. Enjoyed watching the lads live though for the first time since i went Northampton away last Feb!
Is Ben a young Cureton ? Answers on the back pf a non-refundable £100 note to ECFC Trust !

antman

Well-known Exeweb poster
McArdle been taken to hospital. Gave 100% tonight. Get well soon.

Grecian Max

Very well known Exeweb poster
Is Ben a young Cureton ? Answers on the back pf a non-refundable £100 note to ECFC Trust !
No

Grecian Max

“A nasty gash in his private parts” says Matt - ouch x 1,000 😳

All the best Rory.
He also said he hadn't seen it, probably for the best.

Hope he's ok, actually sounds horrendous.

Grecian Max

I will say that tonight was all about just getting those 3 points and having something to build on. Exactly what I said in our last game against Stevenage, hopefully this time it actually happens!

Jokull had a great game, so nice to have a proper character in the team, a rarity in modern football. Can see him connecting well with the Bank - personally think us playing him now is a prelude to a Williams style deal for him. Being a goalie is hard, you're very unlikely to break into your parent club, especially when they're going for the PL. Top lad.

New signing looks pretty rapid and just what we need as a Williams/Randall B player.

Just get back to our normal formation and drop the 3-5-2 nonsense please.

geoffwp

He's sacrificed his left nut for the cause. Always a Grecian from now on as far as I'm concerned.
I wonder if it should be buried under the center spot for future good luck?

Steve H

I think until we can get Randall and/or Williams fit then this may have to be the formation

Grecian Max

I think until we can get Randall and/or Williams fit then this may have to be the formation
We have Wilmott who was specifically signed as cover for this formation. Randall is videoed sprinting in the latest training video on Twitter.

One suspects it won't be long

Steve H

We have Wilmott who was specifically signed as cover for this formation. Randall is videoed sprinting in the latest training video on Twitter.

One suspects it won't be long
If Randall is close to fitness then that is good news and we can revert to a back four

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
I will say that tonight was all about just getting those 3 points and having something to build on. Exactly what I said in our last game against Stevenage, hopefully this time it actually happens!

Jokull had a great game, so nice to have a proper character in the team, a rarity in modern football. Can see him connecting well with the Bank - personally think us playing him now is a prelude to a Williams style deal for him. Being a goalie is hard, you're very unlikely to break into your parent club, especially when they're going for the PL. Top lad.

New signing looks pretty rapid and just what we need as a Williams/Randall B player.

Matt Taylor seems to like 3-5-2 as a way to get two out-and-out strikers on the pitch. However, our strength is out wide so hopefully when the players are back fit we'll return to four at the back.