• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Stevenage v Exeter City Matchday Thread

memoman

Well-known Exeweb poster
Good, battling win. Caprice and McArdle both terrific.

Got to build on it for Saturday against Bradford, who'll be tougher opposition.

Grecian in Guzz

Well-known Exeweb poster
Wasn’t the best game I’ve seen, but I don’t care. We battled and did enough without showing much attacking threat. We needed that win badly, and now need to follow it up and get a bit of a run going.
10 back to back wins would do nicely ! UTC

Smithyno6

Defensively comfortable. Professional performance and it was good to rest some legs tonight before Bradford. They were unbeaten in six at home so there has to be credit when it’s due. MT has been getting stick lately but hearing him shouting at every ball on the sideline shows how much he wants it. We’re right back in the mix after that.

Martin Lawrence

Well-known Exeweb poster
Good, battling win. Caprice and McArdle both terrific.

Got to build on it for Saturday against Bradford, who'll be tougher opposition.
It was, and we are going to need to do some more battling until our flair players return. Fingers crossed we can keep it up.

raleighnc

1 nil away to a bottom of the table side barely conference class with a goal from a geriatric centre half. God, I’m grateful for small, very small mercies, but where is our aspiration and our ability? MT, you need to up your game!

ECFC89

Really happy with that. Bowman did very well, holding the ball up when needed. Caprice obviously the best player on the pitch today. Hartridge sometimes left wanting positionally. Certainly answers the questions about discontent in the camp. Every single one gave their all today. Great shape and great work effort.

You can tell from the awful stevenage commentators that they were impressed by us, as we didn't give them a sniff after the 25th minute.

Well Taylor and the boys.

Trapdoor

Jokul and Caprice were both excellent tonight.

Not the most enjoyable game to watch but we kept it tight at the back which makes a nice change from the usual.

Jokul Andresson is bloody brilliant. Love that lad already.

JCWhoosh

Phew! That ugly game where we took a lot of aerial bombardment probably taught the team more than a comfortable 3-0 win. Clean sheet. Got to be happy with that. Andresson looks a lot more comfortable in goal.

ECFC89

1 nil away to a bottom of the table side barely conference class with a goal from a geriatric centre half. God, I’m grateful for small, very small mercies, but where is our aspiration and our ability? MT, you need to up your game!
Couldn't disagree more. After the week we have had, that is what the doctor ordered. Going through our squad, I don't believe that's a promotion team. Yes recruitment is clearly an issue for him, but always will be with his inexpeience in the managerial game. Fulfilling his remit youth player wise, and more often than not in higher echelons of the table. Good job.

Red red

Silly comments after a poor run lads battlesell we cant be Brazil every week