• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Steven Gerrard Arrested

journeyman

England and Liverpool footballer Steven Gerrard has been arrested following an alleged assault.

The incident happened at about 0230 GMT at a pub in Southport. Six men were detained later in a nearby street.

The men, four from Huyton, one from Formby and one from Litherland, remain in police custody.

A 34-year-old man from Southport was taken to hospital with facial injuries which are not believed to be life threatening.

The men from Huyton are aged 33, 31, 29 and 19. A 28-year-old from Formby and an 18-year-old from Litherland are also being questioned.

Gerrard, 28, is Liverpool captain and scored twice in his team's 5-1 victory over Newcastle on Sunday.

could get interesting...

Devon Red

Well-known Exeweb poster
Shocked. I never thought Gerrard was like that. Although you never know what was said to him or if anyone attacked him first.

tisdale 1

Resigned
ha ha lets hope he is in deep sh*t liverpool will be f*ck then the one man team!

DB9

Very well known Exeweb poster
ha ha lets hope he is in deep sh*t liverpool will be f*ck then the one man team!
Perhaps he went on the town with Joey Barton

Devon Red

Well-known Exeweb poster
Perhaps Joey Barton went on the town with Steve Gerrard.

manc grecian

Very well known Exeweb poster
Six months inside sounds about right.

Egg

Well-known Exeweb poster
Shocked. I never thought Gerrard was like that. Although you never know what was said to him or if anyone attacked him first.
Admittedly, Gerrard always seems an okay-kinda bloke but stories about his involvement with some rather unsavoury 'faces' are legend on Merseyside. I thought everyone had heard he was warned he'd have his legs broken if he went to Stamford Bridge - a threat, I understand, he took quite seriously.

fordysutton

Six months inside sounds about right.
life should mean life.;)

irishbrian

Well-known Exeweb poster
I'd really doubt Gerrard started anything. Prob usual leech bast*** trying to make a name for themselves.
Don't get me wrong I'm not a Liverpool supporter by a LONG chalk but this seems a bit silly.
However, all you have to be in England captain to get away with such offences (kicking players in the face-al la Shearer), cutting players in half (Terry).

citydrinker

2 minute hobble from the nearest pub. Or in it.
Not gonna be pro or anti anything here, I'm just gonna YAAAAAWWWWWWNNNNN!!!

NB: No idea if this story genuinely has substance or "legs" but precedent indicates that it doesn't.

Kinda interesting if I'm wrong though.

*-)