• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Steve Stacey

feverpitch

Well-known Exeweb poster
https://www.bristolbooks.org/new-products/the-colour-of-football Well worth £12 and a really good read.

He was plagued with injuries when here at City but still an interesting chapter about ECFC including Stacey getting arrested in bizarre circumstances!

I will be going along to the event this Friday, taking along my copy to get it signed. Details of the event here:

Exeter City Supporters' Trust History Group, its One Game One Community Group, and the Senior Reds are delighted to invite you to an evening with Steve Stacey to celebrate the launch of his new book 'The Colour of Football'.

Hosted by Martin Weiler, the evening will provide a fascinating account into the life and career of ECFC's first black footballer, and his time at St James Park. The book, which mixes personal and sporting history, alongside a fascinating journey into Steve's ancestral heritage, will be available for purchase, when you can get it signed by the man himself.

Friday 11 October 2019 @ 6pm RGB Building Supplies Legends Lounge, St James Park, Stadium Way, Exeter EX4 6PX
Please rsvp to [email protected]

PS If anyone has not got their copy of Aidan's Hamilton's The Story of St James' Park, I will have a few copies with me at the event on Friday evening, £19.99 (cash).

Tim Long

... including Stacey getting arrested in bizarre circumstances!
He wasn't arrested by a Constable Savage, was he ?

feverpitch

Well-known Exeweb poster
He wasn't arrested by a Constable Savage, was he ?
All details at the event TONIGHT 6pm at the club.