• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Steve Perryman tonight

Benguin

Grecian Max? Superfan Phil Miller? A Trustee?
Neil L M .......

manc grecian

Very well known Exeweb poster
I wonder what Perryman will do with his spare time now.

He strikes me as a restless chap so I can't see him getting on to well watching Escape To The Country and Flog It.
Be shouting obscenities at school kids who have just ran through his tulips.

I think Perryman and Tisdale are best off out of football altogether. Sensitive little souls

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
I find it amazing Perryman has allegedly been very critical of The Siege Army given that he has often complained about the lack of support / atmosphere at SJP, I'm not a member of The Siege Army however I have plenty of respect for the effort they put in to get behind the players etc, how you can criticise them is beyond me.

Terryhall

He's entitled to his opinions, but to get angry at a Supporters Club gathering doesn't seem to be the right time and place.
Agree with this. Hardly a wise move to go along to a supporters club event and criticise the supporters.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
I find it amazing Perryman has allegedly been very critical of The Siege Army given that he has often complained about the lack of support / atmosphere at SJP, I'm not a member of The Siege Army however I have plenty of respect for the effort they put in to get behind the players etc, how you can criticise them is beyond me.
I'm going to guess that what happened at Stevenage will be blamed on the Red Legion. I think it is what tipped the balance in Tisdale's mind about leaving.

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
If what is coming out over the past week or so (incident at wembley with the 'superfan') then from what I know (which isn't much about the internal politics of ECFC)I think it is a great shame as he has over the years been a great servant and ambassador for the club.

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
I think it is a great shame as he has over the years been a great servant and ambassador for the club.
Agreed. However, like Tisdale, who was also a great servant and ambassador to the club, neither have great PR skills. Why would you come out after you've left and start spouting off about the supporters and the trust. You are no longer anything to do with the club so retire gracefully and let the new regime get on with the job. If he had a problem with certain aspects of the club he should have spoken up when he was employed by ECFC and offered some solutions to the said problems. More bitterness for me I'm afraid.

IndoMike

I'm going to guess that what happened at Stevenage will be blamed on the Red Legion. I think it is what tipped the balance in Tisdale's mind about leaving.
I wouldn't agree. The termination of the roller was the key. It seems some club politics behind the scenes also played a part. If a couple of young lads having a go was enough to drive a manager away all managers would be on their bike. I have no connection with Red Legion but I think their supporting efforts far outweigh a few minor indiscretions. As the dirty washing is getting hung out it's clear that the time was more than ripe for changes. People just get bored and fed up with each other - look at how many rock groups break up cos in the end they can't stand each other

geoffwp

Good morning ladies. Are we all getting our knickers in a twist about Steve Perryman? Oh dear, how insulted we all enjoy feeling. Have we actually heard anything directly yet? I will be fascinated to know the bones of it. If he publishes then it'll be top of my read list. Let's have the truth of it rather than guesswork.

malcolms

Good morning ladies. Are we all getting our knickers in a twist about Steve Perryman? Oh dear, how insulted we all enjoy feeling. Have we actually heard anything directly yet? I will be fascinated to know the bones of it. If he publishes then it'll be top of my read list. Let's have the truth of it rather than guesswork.
Well, I presume that members of the NDG's were in attendance so unless there is some embargo in place we should get to know...