• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Statistics and Club History

andrew p long

Very well known Exeweb poster
Spent a very enjoyable hour yesterday reading about our brilliant trip to WBA in 1973. It remains my favourite away trip, even more than a couple of wins over Argyle away and the Man U draw. We were absolutely brilliant that night and an away crowd of over 500 in mid week in those days was exceptional. All of those reports took me back to that fabulous night almost 50 years ago. Thanks to everyone involved in the mammoth task of putting this all online.
Yep, great night. I'd just started at uni, so travelled up with a fellow undergraduate City fan. Got there a bit close to kick off so ended up on the side terrace away from the main body of City fans. But the team were red hot that night and fully deserved the win.

Greyhound

Well-known Exeweb poster
Spent a very enjoyable hour yesterday reading about our brilliant trip to WBA in 1973. It remains my favourite away trip, even more than a couple of wins over Argyle away and the Man U draw. We were absolutely brilliant that night and an away crowd of over 500 in mid week in those days was exceptional. All of those reports took me back to that fabulous night almost 50 years ago. Thanks to everyone involved in the mammoth task of putting this all online.
Seem to recall Fred Binney scoring a couple, or was it all three?

Exehausted

Seem to recall Fred Binney scoring a couple, or was it all three?
Dick Plumb opened the scoring and they equalised soon after. Fred got goals two and three in the second half. The papers said that with ten to go City fans sang "easy easy". The years have dimmed the memory of that chant but I do remember us making a fair old noise.

tom_ecfc

Thanks for the feedback @Exehausted. We are only a small team of volunteers but all with a passion for showcasing everything ecfc. I’m glad you enjoyed the trip down memory lane.

We are working on a number of mini projects, but in the pipeline is linking match reports to all FA Cup games, will post on this thread when it’s completed.

DawlishBouy

Jamie Cureton career record

Attachments

DawlishBouy

Matt Gill career record:

Attachments

DawlishBouy

Nicky Marker career record:

Attachments

Oldsmobile-88

Very well known Exeweb poster
I’ve added links to every match report from all our League Cup games since the 1960/61 start of the competition. The table was created by @Grecian 1901

Excellent.

The first time I saw the Grecians in the League Cup was 1974, a few great games & a memory jogger reading those reports from that date until the end of the 1980s...Alas it’s been pretty thin gruel in that competition generally since those days.

tom_ecfc

Links to each of Exeter City managers profiles are now live on the Grecian Archive statistical managers page.

p.s Gary Caldwells record currently being updated.

tom_ecfc

Linking in (no pun intended!) the fantastic news of increased attendances at SJP, I’ve added links to each seasons match reports on the ‘Season average & highest home & away attendances page on the Grecian Archive.