• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Starting line up based on players under contract

ExmouthMart

Harry is still 18 at the moment. In normal terms, this would be his first season as a pro. There will be very few goalkeepers playing first choice in the league at this stage of their careers, even those on loan from PL teams. If Harry does go out on loan this season to a NL or NLS side, there would be very few goalkeepers of his age playing in those divisions also. Harry still has potentially 20 odd seasons ahead of him.
If he has 20 seasons ahead of him with us, then that’s another one to add to Key, Collins and Jay who hasn’t produced a return for us in terms of a big pay day. If he’s as good as people keep saying then he will able to step up. We need to generate money to be competitive and pay the bills, otherwise we will quickly be going backwards. If Lee plays and suddenly finds he’s man of the match every game then there’s something wrong in front of him. If he’s good enough he needs to play regularly for us.

Boyo

If he has 20 seasons ahead of him with us, then that’s another one to add to Key, Collins and Jay who hasn’t produced a return for us in terms of a big pay day. If he’s as good as people keep saying then he will able to step up. We need to generate money to be competitive and pay the bills, otherwise we will quickly be going backwards. If Lee plays and suddenly finds he’s man of the match every game then there’s something wrong in front of him. If he’s good enough he needs to play regularly for us.
A fee will be negotiated for both Key and Collins if they leave. If a fee cannot be agreed it will go to a tribunal.
The Club is under no pressure to sell players. We've received money for MJ and Dieng, and we'll get income from Key and Collins. If Amapdu is sold, there will be another payday.
As explained by several posters, Lee is really young for a GK at any level. We could throw him in, but there's a reasonable chance he'll make mistakes and cost us points. Or we could loan him out again and he will continue to learn and develop.
Apart from those point above, your post was spot on.

scottus86

I see Nombe is back in training this morning.

i8cornwall

So what are we doing about getting a keeper in? We've got Woods, who is total crap, and Lee who isnt ready yet!
We'd hoped you'd play a few games Pete.

conker

I'm not sure where to put this question so I'll just stick it here... how come so many of your players are deciding to move on?

It seems that most of your squad have said that they fancy a change. Any particular reason?

ryancooper327

Opportunity to play at a higher level and better pay (Key/Collins) and the security of a longer contract (KMD). Not sure on Grounds' next move but its probably again a longer contract/closer home.

tom_ecfc

I'm not sure where to put this question so I'll just stick it here... how come so many of your players are deciding to move on?

It seems that most of your squad have said that they fancy a change. Any particular reason?
As you say ‘your’, just wondering who you support?

Players looking for new challenges, more money, relocation. A whole host of factors.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
As you say ‘your’, just wondering who you support?

Players looking for new challenges, more money, relocation. A whole host of factors.
Hereford United but living in Exeter and occasionally rocks up at St James Park to support City.

Grecian Max

Very well known Exeweb poster

It's really not that many

Key & Collins have run down their contracts and were always going to try a higher level. They were never signing, they've played over 300 games between them already for us. We offered contracts to get compo and were never seriously believing that they would stay.

Grounds was offered a dual coaching/playing contract but didn't fancy it, will probably end up closer to home

McDonald was down here for a few months, the furthest he's ever been from home purely location IMO, although we did only offer a 1 year so perhaps Bradford's 2 year offer was a factor

Hardly think that makes "so many", looks like a very normal summer at an EFL club to me

tom_ecfc

Hereford United but living in Exeter and occasionally rocks up at St James Park to support City.
Nice to have him on board. Was just interested to see which club he supports as it’s good to have other club fans onboard, like the Portsmouth fella, to get a different angle of views. We sometimes have our red tinted glasses on 🤣.