• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Starting line up based on players under contract..

ryancooper327

Interested to see, regardless of current player availability/position, what people’s favourite formations are.

For me it’s a 433 and has been for a while.

I like how MT sticks with the 3412/5212 (depending on your take). Not a fan of managers changing formations every week. I read that the Stoke boss changed formation 4 times in one game a week or two ago!

grecIAN Harris

Very well known Exeweb poster
Interested to see, regardless of current player availability/position, what people’s favourite formations are.

For me it’s a 433 and has been for a while.

I like how MT sticks with the 3412/5212 (depending on your take). Not a fan of managers changing formations every week. I read that the Stoke boss changed formation 4 times in one game a week or two ago!
You make that sound like it's some big, strange idea to us. You forget Tisdale used to do that inside fifteen minutes to try and get the points when he started with us.

IndoMike

You make that sound like it's some big, strange idea to us. You forget Tisdale used to do that inside fifteen minutes to try and get the points when he started with us.
Yeah, but Tis planned it all a week in advance.

scottus86

Jay needs to have more first team involvement, whether it's off the bench or starting. He has scored goals a lot of goal this calendar year but seems to have fallen out of favour.

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
As has been said many times, you can only have 10 outfield players. Assuming Atangana or Collins plays nearest the defence, you have to leave out Law, Taylor or Martin to bring in Jay; can't see that happening, Martin will only be omitted to play 2 up front. Or leave out Williams and have a back 4. So I imagine Jay is only going to be a sub unless one of the Terrible Trio is injured.

budegrecian

Yes, I agree that Jay is unlikely to start, despite his excellent performance last night.
Atangana doesn't look like a defensive mildfielder to me based upon last night's performance either, so if he is to feature I don't think Collins would be the one to make way, unless Jake Taylor was dropped back in there, which isn't his best position.

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
Yes, I agree that Jay is unlikely to start, despite his excellent performance last night.
Atangana doesn't look like a defensive mildfielder to me based upon last night's performance either, so if he is to feature I don't think Collins would be the one to make way, unless Jake Taylor was dropped back in there, which isn't his best position.
In the Villa game I saw last week and last night Tillson played DM (and pace Indo Mike did a good job), so Atangana was able to be further forward. In L2 I'd expect him to line up further back but come forward when we are attacking, as he has done most of his career. When he signed he said "I like doing the physical part of the game", something we have missed at times this season.

IndoMike

In the Villa game I saw last week and last night Tillson played DM (and pace Indo Mike did a good job), so Atangana was able to be further forward. In L2 I'd expect him to line up further back but come forward when we are attacking, as he has done most of his career. When he signed he said "I like doing the physical part of the game", something we have missed at times this season.
I'm just a punter, like you.
The person you need to persuade is Matt Taylor. He picks the team.