• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Stans injury

Robert S

I am probably wrong, but I thought Stans should have come off the the field, much earlier on Saturday.

Whats the point of having strikers on the bench, and not using them in these circumstances.

Poultice

Very well known Exeweb poster
I am probably wrong, but I thought Stans should have come off the the field, much earlier on Saturday.

Whats the point of having strikers on the bench, and not using them in these circumstances.
Sigh.......!

TOP_CITY_FAN

I thought the exact same, but didn't wanna start a thread on here, becuase i'll get hunted down like a mangey dog.

He was clearly injured for about 10-15 minutes before Tisdale decided to bring him off, and IMO, the injury wouldn't be as bad as it is now, if he had been brought off earlier.

Benito

I was sat behind the bench and at no point did the physio or Stansfield himself signal that he needed to come off. I imagine he expected to be able to run it off.

Sigh.

IMO, the injury wouldn't be as bad as it is now, if he had been brought off earlier.
Based on?

Poultice

I thought the exact same, but didn't wanna start a thread on here, becuase i'll get hunted down like a mangey dog.
Now that made I larf.

The subject is pretty well covered on other threads but I think the mods are a bunch of fascists anyway.

arthur

You clearly know nothing about football. If you did you'd realise that, when on top of a 1- 1 game against a play off contender, a player who has run his arse off for 70 minutes and has possibly been seriously injured is far more likely to score or create a winning goal than some first team striker who is sat on the bench fresh, fit and raring to go.....

TOP_CITY_FAN

I was sat behind the bench and at no point did the physio or Stansfield himself signal that he needed to come off. I imagine he expected to be able to run it off.

Sigh.
But surely if somebody looks injured, the they should be brought off?

Based on?
Its obvious isn't it? If somebody has an injury, and they carry on playing, it will just make the injury worse.

shabbashaz

Well-known Exeweb poster
I wasn't there, so I can't really comment. But all I can say is that it may have been down to Stanno himself who wanted to stay on the pitch. He could have told Tis he would be ok and would run it off

STURTZ

I expected to see at least a player getting stripped down and warming up whilst Stanno was being treated after his first knock. The lack of some kind of concern was unbeleivable in my book, letting him play on after the second injury was totally irresponsible.

CREDYGRECIAN

Loving the free flowing entertaining football at S
Its up to the player , tisdale would of asked him , and stans would of tried to shake it off....

It happens.