• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Squad Upgrade - League 1

Moomin Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster

Moomin Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Oliver is a one in five striker fairly average career stats. Salford and Wrexham will be looking much higher up the pyramid I fancy
31 goals in his last two season in L1 is decent, though. He may have come late to the party but he’s no longer a 1 in 5 striker.

Red Devon

Very well known Exeweb poster
Sotiriou is exactly the 5ype of player that would suit our club, established striker and yet young enough to develop. Was very impressed with him this season.
Yes he is. a player very much in the same mould as Danny Nardiello.

MagicMushroom

Unsure if he has been mentioned but Joe Lewis from TQ could be a replacement for George Ray as a bench or even starting CB. Tall, score goals (granted it's the NL) and almost reminds me of Stubbs. Could be worth a punt as he is out of contract in the summer.

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster

jimbo-gould

Is Ellis Johnson a RB? I thought he was highly thought of. Or am I getting him mixed with someone else?

antman

Well-known Exeweb poster
Contracted. Jake Caprice, Jack Sparkes, George Ray, Sam Stubbs, Matt Jay, Archie Collins,Sam Nombe, Josh Key, Tim Dieng, Kyle Taylor, Sonny Cox, Jevani Brown,Harry Lee,Pierce Sweeney, Harry Kite, Josh Coley, Nelson Iseguan, Alex Hartridge, Jack Arthur, Cheick Diabate, Scott Brown

Players in contract negotiations: •Jonathan Grounds

Players returning to parent club: •Cameron Dawson •Padraig Amond •Offrande Zanzala •Kieran Phillips

Players released: •Nigel Atangana •Callum Rowe •Colin Daniel •Ben Seymour •Jordan Dyer •Jack Veale •James Dodd •Ellis Johnson

No surprises there, except I wasn't expecting Callum Rowe to be released.

ryancooper327

Exactly as I thought. Interesting to see what happens with Grounds, presumably he’d be very much a back up and he might want more game time. Interesting Arthur is still around.

ryancooper327

Is Ellis Johnson a RB? I thought he was highly thought of. Or am I getting him mixed with someone else?
Yep think so. I thought him and Veale were highly thought of tbh. Maybe Veale will end up at Southampton after the rumours 18(?) months ago.

Boyo

The wages of most of the youngsters would have been low, but I suspect we were paying good money to Dawson, Amond, Zanzala, Atangana, Rowe and Daniel, so hopefully a decent chuck of budget available for new players.