• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Squad Upgrade - League 1

sign of the chimes

Wouldn't mind us taking a look at Chapman & Thompson from Gills!
We had Ben Thompson on loan from Millwall for the first half of the 18/19 season - he took a couple of games to warm up then ran our midfield for three or four months and saw us to the top of the league. Unfortunately he was so good that Millwall recalled him in the January. We didn't replace him and our season culminated in a fall from the autos to the play-off places and ultimate failure. He's been a feature of our messageboard in every window since as there are plenty of our support who would welcome him back as the messiah.

He'll make someone a very good signing if he ends up in L1 next season. FWIW I don't think he'll come to us based on what we have in centre mid at the moment (as usual I'm also highly likely to be wrong!) I could see him ending up at an Oxford, or someone like that.

tonykellowfan

I have just discovered rather to my surprise that Caprice signed a 2 year extension during the season and so is at ECFC until 2024.

Clearly Taylor is confident that he can do the business in L1.

jimmy

I have just discovered rather to my surprise that Caprice signed a 2 year extension during the season and so is at ECFC until 2024.

Clearly Taylor is confident that he can do the business in L1.
I am not a coach (as it may be clear from my posts), however I am often surprise that with 1 goal in 300 games, Caprice is not specifically instructed to find an option rather than shoot.

The lad loves a shot from 25-35 yards! It's great to see confidence but surely recycling the ball has a far higher chance of a goal than one of his shots.. Some of his shots from this season are still rising!

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
I am not a coach (as it may be clear from my posts), however I am often surprise that with 1 goal in 300 games, Caprice is not specifically instructed to find an option rather than shoot.

The lad loves a shot from 25-35 yards! It's great to see confidence but surely recycling the ball has a far higher chance of a goal than one of his shots.. Some of his shots from this season are still rising!
He's pretty good at taking on the full back and beating him for speed. For me the goal he made for Nombe exemplifies what he can do. I also think he's got a decent shot on him, despite his lack of goals. I think he's good enough for Div 1.

Fareham Grecian

He's pretty good at taking on the full back and beating him for speed. For me the goal he made for Nombe exemplifies what he can do. I also think he's got a decent shot on him, despite his lack of goals. I think he's good enough for Div 1.
Yep. And the goal at Salford; if it had bounced off the post and in directly - without the comedy of hitting the keeper - we would have been calling a worldie

jimmy

He also had the speed and energy in the 90+5th minute at Oldham to set up Brown.

I just feel sometimes he'd be better off building something than a blast from 30 yards.

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
I’d imagine they will have a bigger budget than us with Dale Vince continuing to put his money into backing them. Plus the old chestnut of being closer to Birmingham/London for those who don’t fancy venturing into the back of beyond will make them a more attractive option. We will be relying on players (hopefully!) stepping up to League One level, loans and players hoping to kick start their careers again. Will also depend on any player sales giving us some immediate cash to spend but as these deals in the past seem to be spread over a period of time that might not give us the necessary funds immediately. So it will interesting to see whats going to happen.
Positive spin on evrything as always

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Yep. And the goal at Salford; if it had bounced off the post and in directly - without the comedy of hitting the keeper - we would have been calling a worldie
Our goal at Sutton also came after the keeper parried away a Jake Caprice shot straight to Tim Dieng.

ExmouthMart

Positive spin on evrything as always
Of course! Really looking forward to life in League One.

jimmy

Our goal at Sutton also came after the keeper parried away a Jake Caprice shot straight to Tim Dieng.
Perhaps I should take a different look at the stats.

Maybe I'll be a convert and join the calls of SHOOOOOT when Caprice picks it up..