• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Squad Upgrade - League 1

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
Joel Randall also been transfer listed by Posh
I've seen this rumour on Twitter. If they're releasing him it suggests serious injury problems. I can't see anyone paying a fee.

MJP_Exeter

Well-known Exeweb poster
If Randall was available on a free then he is almost certainly worth a punt but cannot see Peterborough allowing him to go for nothing and if the injuries are that serious then i cannot anyone paying a fee.

Cowshed Grecian

35 is not old for goalkeeper.
35 is not old for goalkeeper.
Course not, Hamers definitely one for the future.

Rosencrantz

Very well known Exeweb poster
Course not, Hamers definitely one for the future.
Well Harry Lee is so what is wrong with Ben Hamer having a season whilst Harry develops?

Cowshed Grecian

Well Harry Lee is so what is wrong with Ben Hamer having a season whilst Harry develops?
Fair enough I’d take him. But no one has mentioned Scott Brown he’s 37.

Boyo

I wonder what roll Sonny Cox will play next year? MT clearly thinks he's a little way off being L2 standard, so I wonder whether he'll be on loan somewhere again for the first few months of the season.

On a more general point, getting our academy players into a L1 side is inevitably more difficult than a L2 side, but it's a mountain we need to overcome to ensure our model continues to be effective.

Cowshed Grecian

I wonder what roll Sonny Cox will play next year? MT clearly thinks he's a little way off being L2 standard, so I wonder whether he'll be on loan somewhere again for the first few months of the season.

On a more general point, getting our academy players into a L1 side is inevitably more difficult than a L2 side, but it's a mountain we need to overcome to ensure our model continues to be effective.
I was thinking about this, perhaps League 1 is more technical than League 2. It might be more beneficial for young talents like Cox, perhaps not so much of a chance of Sonny hoofed up in the air by big clumsy physical CB’s...better standard. A lot of Prem clubs loan out their 17-18 year olds out to League 1 clubs, and Sonny is a big talent, so I hope he’s not held back too long like I thought Joel Randall was to be honest. No Criticism, he was obviously being protected.

andrew p long

Very well known Exeweb poster

Definitely needs more time in men's football before being launched into a League One campaign. So another loan out. (however that also highlights how we have to strengthen the striker position!)

Cowshed Grecian

Definitely needs more time in men's football before being launched into a League One campaign. So another loan out. (however that also highlights how we have to strengthen the striker position!)
How do you know he’s not ready? He’s nearly 18 not 14.

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
Only Taylor and the coaching staff will know when Cox is ready. Things can change very quickly. Look at Watkins - on loan at WSM one season, too good for L2 the next.