• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Squad Upgrade - League 1

STURTZ

Very well known Exeweb poster
With the success of our left field signings last summer I'm far more excited to see who they are considering rather than the misty eyed, walk down memory lane suggestions made on here.

Pharoah68

Without derailing too much. Liam Roberts to Northampton was only a 1 year deal (I think) despite involving a fee. Could tempt him to play League 1 if they don’t go up. 3 more clean sheets, less goals conceded and a better save percentage than Cam. More than adequate replacement…
Better percentage maybe, but that can also say city gave less chances to the opposition so cam had less to do, but he does look decent

Pharoah68

It's difficult to say which players will be able to cope with the higher level of League One and if current academy players could make the leap straight into
the higher level. We look OK for central defence and you'd think Dieng, Nombe and Brown could adapt. Will we be able to keep Key? Wonder if Randall might come back on loan.
Think we need another classy midfielder and striker. So interesting to see what will happen.
I think with a few quality additions we will be ok next season the main positions are keeper and a proven striker at league 1 or a good youth product from higher up that Aziz at Newport for instance

Pharoah68

I’m hoping Rowe will be offered something, if he can move the ball quicker he could be a really good player as he has the ability…..I’d be very surprised if Dodd and Veale were ready to step into a league one side though.
I agree Rowe should be offered something I think he will improve at a higher level and agree that Veale or Dodd may not be ready to step up I'm sure they may well go out on loan

IndoMike

I think with a few quality additions we will be ok next season the main positions are keeper and a proven striker at league 1 or a good youth product from higher up that Aziz at Newport for instance
I agree with that.
The team is compact now and it's not often a player has a bad game. We're consistent. Also the squad is strong and we can cover for injuries.
It's been a real team effort. If we can maintain the current team spirit even when we're losing a bit more than we're used to then we should be ok.
Hopefully the crowds will be bigger too to push the team onwards.

Pharoah68

Another one to add to Exeweb's list of carthorses that people think are good because they either a) big and strong, b) quick or c) both but when you actually watch them and look at their records really aren't worth talking about, 21 goals in 124 appearances since 2017 in Bogle's case.
Bogle no way, absolutely no way. However Norwood could be worth a shout

Pharoah68

GK, RWB, LWB, CDM, ST, ST

To replace the departing: Dawson, Ray, Dyer, Key (probably), Daniel, Atangana (and Taylor inj.), Dodd, Seymour, Phillips, Zanzala, Amond.

My thoughts/prediction. Oz maybe to stay and only 1x ST to come in.
No disrespect to zanzala but I don't see him as a league one player

Grecian2K

Pharoah68

That would be a ridiculous strike force
Nice idea

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
What about Davis Keilor-Dunn from Oldham? I think he's out of contract, 24, scored 14 goals from midfield in a shit team.