• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Squad Upgrade - League 1

Bridgy 81

He is normally a midfielder I think. Might be a decent replacement for MJ if he were to ever leave. Bear in mind though he is a fair bit behind both MJ and Tim for goals this season. Good talent though.
Yes, to be honest I wondered after I'd posted whether he is more of an attacking midfielder.
Mind you he covered a lot of ground, made one and scored one.
I was only thinking of him as a loan option. Perhaps 6 months in the first instance, whilst Kyle Taylor is recovering?

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
And you think they would do that with a divisional rival, in fact the side that sold him to them, I'd think again
Well, he would be playing against other divisional rivals of Posh, so if he played well for City against those rivals that would be in Posh's interest, too, wouldn't it?
The question is how fit Randall is. As I said, if he is ready to go then of course there would be no need to loan him out:. but if he was not fit enough/
not quite ready to get into their team it might be an idea to loan him to a club he feels at ease with and see how he plays.
Remember, a loan doesn't have to be a full season.

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
Well, he would be playing against other divisional rivals of Posh, so if he played well for City against those rivals that would be in Posh's interest, too, wouldn't it?
The question is how fit Randall is. As I said, if he is ready to go then of course there would be no need to loan him out:. but if he was not fit enough/
not quite ready to get into their team it might be an idea to loan him to a club he feels at ease with and see how he plays.
Remember, a loan doesn't have to be a full season.
Then why would we want him?

IndoMike

Then why would we want him?
Because he might be good enough to get into our team but not yet ready to get into Peterboro's team. But if he proves his fitness at City, they could have him back at Xmas.k
It would depend also on what signings Peterboro make and what signings we make. I agree it is an unlikely scenario, but don't think it's impossible. Predicting the future
is hazardous, but wondering about the future is not.

Grecian Max

Depends on whether we decide to keep Callum Rowe and whether we think either James Dodd or Jack Veale are ready to step up to the first team.
I don’t think it depends on that - we will add another CM despite the above

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
Because he might be good enough to get into our team but not yet ready to get into Peterboro's team. But if he proves his fitness at City, they could have him back at Xmas.k
It would depend also on what signings Peterboro make and what signings we make. I agree it is an unlikely scenario, but don't think it's impossible. Predicting the future
is hazardous, but wondering about the future is not.
Being the pertinent points, and I just can't see a scenario like that happening

east_mid

Well-known Exeweb poster
I've always thought Jevani Brown was the ordeal fit for the loss of Joel Randall.He's never going to get past Brown in the match day selection, so it wouldn't do either him or us any good loaning him back.He needs more game time than that.

Cowshed Grecian

I've always thought Jevani Brown was the ordeal fit for the loss of Joel Randall.He's never going to get past Brown in the match day selection, so it wouldn't do either him or us any good loaning him back.He needs more game time than that.
Did you watch Joel Randall last season when we were pounding teams 6-1 and the like? Possibly one of the best attacking players I’ve ever seen at City. Never getting past Jevani, chance would be a fine thing. Cause he won’t be dropping down to us 😂

Colesman Ballz

Did you watch Joel Randall last season when we were pounding teams 6-1 and the like? Possibly one of the best attacking players I’ve ever seen at City. Never getting past Jevani, chance would be a fine thing. Cause he won’t be dropping down to us 😂
It might be very unlikely indeed that Joel will be coming back on loan to us, but it certainly wouldn't be "dropping down" whilst we are in the same division ! :cool:

Cowshed Grecian

It might be very unlikely indeed that Joel will be coming back on loan to us, but it certainly wouldn't be "dropping down" whilst we are in the same division ! :cool:
They’re a lot bigger club and I bet he’s on treble the wages of our lads.is what I meant 😉