• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Squad Upgrade - League 1

Cowshed Grecian

Well, I wondered about Randall coming back, but you didn't give any reasons why he wouldn't.
My wondering is based on...
1. Randall hasn't made many appearances for Peterboro.
2. P'boro will be in the same division as City next season.
3. He'd still get his Boro salary, with City chipping in a bit.
4. It could reignite his career. Playing time is important.

Do agree about strikers. Think Nombe could be successful in League 1, but I don't see our 3 loanees as League 1 potential.
From what I've seen, Key has done well this season, although his shooting could be better. He's still young and can be developed : I reckon he might go.
Randall has been injured literally all season i can't imagine Posh Fans would be too pleased to have paid £1m for him then loan him back out after a season where he couldn't play for them. I think there is O chance of that happening. If he's fit he will tear up League 1 with Peterborough, who i have as my season Favorites as it looks like they will throw alot of money at it, rumour has it they are after Punutche Camara (Argyle's best player)

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
Randall has been injured literally all season i can't imagine Posh Fans would be too pleased to have paid £1m for him then loan him back out after a season where he couldn't play for them. I think there is O chance of that happening. If he's fit he will tear up League 1 with Peterborough, who i have as my season Favorites as it looks like they will throw alot of money at it, rumour has it they are after Punutche Camara (Argyle's best player)
m aabd see how it goes.
You're probably right. The only reason might be if they thought he needed to gain fitness by playing on a regular basis for another team and see how it went. Of course, if he is ready to go now and more or less a guaranteed starter they wouldn't let him go.

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
You're probably right. The only reason might be if they thought he needed to gain fitness by playing on a regular basis for another team and see how it went. Of course, if he is ready to go now and more or less a guaranteed starter they wouldn't let him go.
And you think they would do that with a divisional rival, in fact the side that sold him to them, I'd think again

Benjisheps14

Milwaukee, Wisconsin (but formerly Bude, Cornwall)
Well, I wondered about Randall coming back, but you didn't give any reasons why he wouldn't.
My wondering is based on...
1. Randall hasn't made many appearances for Peterboro.
2. P'boro will be in the same division as City next season.
3. He'd still get his Boro salary, with City chipping in a bit.
4. It could reignite his career. Playing time is important.

Do agree about strikers. Think Nombe could be successful in League 1, but I don't see our 3 loanees as League 1 potential.
From what I've seen, Key has done well this season, although his shooting could be better. He's still young and can be developed : I reckon he might go.
Unfortunately there will be no chance that we can get Randall back on loan. The Peterborough chairmen has said recently how well they expect him to do for them in League One next year. He got himself fit right at the end of the season and came off the bench in the last few matches. The chairmen has also said that the Manager McCann has told him how good he thinks he is.

I expect him to do really well next season for Posh.

grecIAN Harris

If Derby find their new owner then I'd suggest you are backing the wrong horse. And that's before we get on to the likes of Ipswich, Sunderland, Sheffield Wednesday et Al. Peterborough are punching above their weight every time they make it to The Championship. They're not even a big League 1 club.

Last edited:

Cowshed Grecian

If Derby find their new owner then I'd suggest you are backing the wrong horse. And that's before we get on to the likes of Ipswich, Sunderland, Sheffield Wednesday et Al. Peterborough are punching above their weight every time they make it to The Championship. They're not even a big League 1 club.
Every time they make it to the Championship.
I think you’ve just said it there, Daragh Macanthony ain’t scared of getting his wallet out. They’ve been unlucky with injuries and player rifts with Ferguson this season, they’ll keep that squad together they will be strong. You could say that about Bradford this season or last, these big fallen giants struggle like feck to get out of League 1. Derby will be everyone’s cup final next season if Rooney is still there, Good Luck to him cause that’s going to be tough.

Bridgy 81

Finn Azaz looked very decent at Port Vale today and he was given MoM by the Sky Commentator.
A 21 year old striker on loan at Newport from Villa.
I think he's in the League 2 team of the season and won League 2 young player of the season.
Maybe he's part of the reason for Matt Taylor being there today?
Perhaps Ollie can have a word with the relevant people at Villa about Exeter City being a good place for young strikers to develop.

Cowshed Grecian

Finn Azaz looked very decent at Port Vale today and he was given MoM by the Sky Commentator.
I think he's in the League 2 team of the season and won League 2 young player of the season.
Perhaps Ollie can have a word with the relevant people at Villa about Exeter City being a good place for young strikers to develop.
That Azaz is class, probably mates with Rowe-have a word

Trampus

The key to staying in league 1 will be the ability to score goals not to avoid conceding them. Something that prior attempts to stay there has proven. Get capable strikers in, pay what it takes and the rest will take care of itself.

Rosencrantz

He is normally a midfielder I think. Might be a decent replacement for MJ if he were to ever leave. Bear in mind though he is a fair bit behind both MJ and Tim for goals this season. Good talent though.