• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Squad Upgrade - League 1

Colesman Ballz

Very well known Exeweb poster
I wonder if the squad have enhanced salaries built into their contracts following promotion ? I’m guessing they will have.

Josh Key..It would be great if he stayed,but could the club turn down a offer of around £1m when that could be ploughed into the playing budget ?
Isn't he out of contract this summer ? We would still be entitled a fee as he is under 24, but it would be likely to go to a tribunal, and interested clubs would no doubt be likely to attempt to "low ball" us as a consequence !

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Isn't he out of contract this summer ? We would still be entitled a fee as he is under 24, but it would be likely to go to a tribunal, and interested clubs would no doubt be likely to attempt to "low ball" us as a consequence !
No, Josh Key has another year left on his contract which is why we didn’t sell him last summer.

ECFC89

Josh Key has gone. Agreed in January.

scottus86

Josh Key has gone. Agreed in January.
Caprice is very capable if that's true. We'll just have to produce another RWB or change shape.

Benjisheps14

Milwaukee, Wisconsin (but formerly Bude, Cornwall)
Looks like James Norwood is leaving Ipswich after the season:
I'd assume he will be out of our price range, but he and MT are still good friends after they initially lived together when Norwood joined the club all those years ago.

MJP_Exeter

Well-known Exeweb poster
Looks like James Norwood is leaving Ipswich after the season:
I'd assume he will be out of our price range, but he and MT are still good friends after they initially lived together when Norwood joined the club all those years ago.
I doubt Norwood would come but offer a deal and you never know. Push the unfinished business line. Him n Stockley with Nombe. Not too much to ask for.

JCWhoosh

Should / can we demand more of a transfer fee now we are a league 1 club. You seem to see inflation the higher up the leagues you go.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Probably a bit over ambitious but he does have unfinished business with us!
Could be a good addition. No idea what his wages would be though.

ryancooper327

Long shot but Lowery of Crewe to boost the midfield options/fight Collins for a starting spot would be great business. Kite might not step up, Atangana gone, Taylor out for season..

“He scored three further goals as Crewe were relegated from League One; manager Alex Morris, who had replaced Artell, did not expect Lowery to extend his Crewe career beyond the end of the season.[18]

Max Payne 2

Don’t think we need another LWB Jack Sparkes is getting better and better and will surprise a few in League One next season…if we can keep the likes of Stubbs, Hartridge, Sweeney fit we look to me to be strong all the way across the back line although losing Key would be a big blow…so a new RWB would be needed….another top line striker who can find the back of the net is a necessity but won’t easy to find I know.
If Key moves on I reckon Caprice deserves a shot down the right.