• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Squad Upgrade - League 1

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
4 or 5 coming in most likely.

Exeter City budget 'doesn't change' after promotion to League One - Matt Taylor - https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/61259593

Agent Andy

Matt Taylor won’t sign a keeper on a permanent while we have Lee waiting to break through unless he can somehow get Dawson . Regards Tony Lee , saw him play earlier in the season for Poole and not good enough for league one , Sonny Cox will score more than him given the chance .

Bridgy 81

Encouraging news Banksy and Kells both came to us from Non League Clubs.
As did David Wheeler 😉

dontpassback

As did David Wheeler 😉
Not forgetting kevin Miller,who I think was one of the best city keepers we had for a long time

dontpassback

I hope grounds and amond are kept on in some coaching capacity,because while they are both at an age we’re they won’t be playing regularly,but on the occasions they have been required,they have not let us down and experienced players like that can pass on valuable tips to the youngsters coming through

STURTZ

Very well known Exeweb poster
There are plenty of ex players that deserve those jobs more than those fly by nights.

Pobbop

I hope grounds and amond are kept on in some coaching capacity,because while they are both at an age we’re they won’t be playing regularly,but on the occasions they have been required,they have not let us down and experienced players like that can pass on valuable tips to the youngsters coming through
I'm not against either player, but the interesting point of that interview with Matt is him saying, being in this division will open up new ops, I mean could we get a championship player looking to drop down a league to get into coaching. I mean the incentive is there as our backroom staff often go on to bigger and better things.

I just think we need to realise we are a club with a much bigger pull than before. Up a division, money still coming in from Ollie, and crowds and Prize Money.

manc grecian

End up like Tisdale era where we had more coaches than players

arthur

A goal-scoring forward needed. I have it on solid authority that we've been keeping an eye on striker Tony-James Lee at Poole Town. Transfer fee may be involved and promotion has helped on this front.
Agree. I still think Sam Nombe would benefit from having a strike partner. But two up front would mean re configuring the rest of the team away from the 3 4 2 1 we've done so well with

dontpassback

There are plenty of ex players that deserve those jobs more than those fly by nights.
What like ajose ?