• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Squad Upgrade - League 1

Grecian2K

Very well known Exeweb poster
To be fair it was less than a year ago many were bemoaning the lack of any "marquee signings" and instead picking up cast-offs from some basket-case clubs.

In KMTs defence neither Tim or Jevani turned out too shabby did they? Certainly added more to the squad than some of the prima-donna boys we've sometimes enticed in the past at great expense.

#inMattwetrust

Pete Martin (CTID)

Regarding the GK position I we can't get Cam again might Jokull be a possibility.

Recalled to Reading from Morecambe in January but not featured for them since.

Now that WE'RE in L1 might another loan be realistic?
I agree. It's a real shame he hasn't had his chance at Morecambe. I thought he had the makings of a very decent keeper.

Cowshed Grecian

Would anyone take Randell Williams back on loan perhaps? He quite clearly isn’t Championship level and I’d imagine Hull would be willing to move him on.

manc grecian

All these players who've left us and signed for teams in the championship on championship contracts aren't returning to us.

Williams was utter plop in his final year

Alistair20000

Would anyone take Randell Williams back on loan perhaps? He quite clearly isn’t Championship level and I’d imagine Hull would be willing to move him on.
Not for me thanks. Insufficient end product and too easily hassled off the ball in the season before he left us.

Matt Phillips

Regarding the GK position I we can't get Cam again might Jokull be a possibility.

Recalled to Reading from Morecambe in January but not featured for them since.

Now that WE'RE in L1 might another loan be realistic?
People have mentioned Cam as being our best keeper since Hamer, and I do wonder if Hamer might actually be an option. Swansea signed a new No.1 in Jan, and Hamer's not really been involved since. Out of contract in the summer, and never really nailed down a starting place in a Championship team. Has roots in the South West as well, so might be keen to head back home...

ryancooper327

People have mentioned Cam as being our best keeper since Hamer, and I do wonder if Hamer might actually be an option. Swansea signed a new No.1 in Jan, and Hamer's not really been involved since. Out of contract in the summer, and never really nailed down a starting place in a Championship team. Has roots in the South West as well, so might be keen to head back home...
I’d like a no 1 that won’t turn 35 during the season.

Cowshed Grecian

Could well be, Hamers a local lad from Chard. Wouldn’t mind seeing him back In the sticks. I’m sure he would rather be playing regularly than sat on his arse in the Championship as a backup.

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
Why would we want him? Jevani Brown is miles better.

mfcrocker

But I know we'll meet again, some sunny day...
No thanks, we've got better playmakers now.