• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Squad Upgrade - League 1

Boyo

Looks like that lot 40 mileish W of the Fairer City of Exeter are being given a bigger playing budget !
Interesting that Schumacher thinks their budget is bottom 7 or 8. I suspect it’ll be significantly higher than ours so we’ll probably be bottom 3 or 4.

sign of the chimes

Interesting that Schumacher thinks their budget is bottom 7 or 8. I suspect it’ll be significantly higher than ours so we’ll probably be bottom 3 or 4.
He's dealing in lies/expectation management. There are plenty of clubs injecting above this, but if anyone believes Plymouth had a lower budget than any of these (I might give you Burton on a good day); then they need to have a word with themselves...

1651876939917.png

DawlishBouy

Cheltenham are the latest of 11 clubs to publish their retained list. They have offerd Liam Sercombe another contract.

SaintJames

Well-known Exeweb poster
Cheltenham are the latest of 11 clubs to publish their retained list. They have offerd Liam Sercombe another contract.
Sam Winnal released by Oxford is the standout. Played up to Championship level and a 1 in 3 strike rate. Needs just one more goal for 100. Dont think he will be short of offers mind

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Has this account ever got one right?

LDNGrecian

No. His name is Zech

C j phill

It will be interesting to see who is let go and who we recruit.

I think we need 3/4 "upgrade" players, to have a comfortable league one season.

Roll on next season.

Cowshed Grecian

After hearing MTs interview I’m expecting to leave this week:
Zanzala
Phillips
Antangana
Dyer
Seymour
Grounds
Daniel
Dawson
Amond

grecIAN Harris

Very well known Exeweb poster
After hearing MTs interview I’m expecting to leave this week:
Zanzala
Phillips
Antangana
Dyer
Seymour
Grounds
Daniel
Dawson
Amond
That's probably about right I would think, at least won't have to keep spelling Atangana's name wrong next season. ;) As for we need coming in next season, a goalkeeper obviously (Ben Hamer is the best suggestion I've seen on here so far), an out and out left back as we don't have one in any way shape or form, two strikers to go with Nombe. Defensively we have enough quality and have Pond coming through to make the extra cover. The same goes for midfield centrally although Taylor might decide to get somebody in on loan for a period of time whilst Taylor recovers.

arthur

Very well known Exeweb poster
Keep Grounds.