• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Squad Upgrade - League 1

Bridgy 81

Yep The Hound tore him a new one :)
Thanks.
That’s very kind of you and I appreciate it very much.
But I must say this feels a bit like being at school and being poked fun at by the ’big boys’.
Did you do that there too?

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Stick to the topic please

Bridgy 81

I thought my post #151 was a reasonable contribution, but it seemed to be hijacked by people keener to make jokes rather than discuss the subject of the thread.
I’m keen to retain the focus on ECFC, hopefully others are likewise.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
I thought my post #151 was a reasonable contribution, but it seemed to be hijacked by people keener to make jokes rather than discuss the subject of the thread.
I’m keen to retain the focus on ECFC, hopefully others are likewise.
Cool.

Though I feel the thread is likely to be deleted.

fred binneys head

Very well known Exeweb poster
It’s just a bit of fun Bridgy, happens to the best of us. Wash a couple of chill pills down with a pint and start getting excited about Northampton tomorrow 👍

Bridgy 81

Cool.

Though I feel the thread is likely to be deleted.
Ok that’s a shame.
I think it’s interesting and important to have a thread about next season and who we think maybe in our squad.
But, I’m not so keen about what I consider to be irrelevant comments unconnected to the topic.
I’ll obviously leave it up to you.

SaintJames

Apparently Telford is out of contract at Newport this summer.
He’s been offered a new one there and they anticipate his response at the end of the season.
I presume he’ll be looking to play above League 2.
He’s 25 and will be 26 mid season.
I realize he hasn’t pulled up any trees before this season and his recent prolific goal scoring exploits are at the level we’ve left behind, but if we can forgive him his Argyle connection, would we be interested?
He’s originally from Lancashire so perhaps Matt can make him a hotpot for lunch everyday after training.
Dont see any legs in us being interested in Telford with our shape. Telford would want/need to start every game and unless we change to 2 up top we arent signing him to be on the bench or to put Sam there either. Telford is a fitter version of Ajose and we all know how that fared :)

Oldsmobile-88

Very well known Exeweb poster
I wonder if the squad have enhanced salaries built into their contracts following promotion ? I’m guessing they will have.

Josh Key..It would be great if he stayed,but could the club turn down a offer of around £1m when that could be ploughed into the playing budget ?

Bridgy 81

Dont see any legs in us being interested in Telford with our shape. Telford would want/need to start every game and unless we change to 2 up top we arent signing him to be on the bench or to put Sam there either. Telford is a fitter version of Ajose and we all know how that fared :)
I’m not particularly familiar with Telford or how he prefers to play but by the sound of it you could well be right,
I was just looking at his goal scoring this year and thinking, as he’s out of contract whether he maybe an option.
Anyway, thanks for getting the thread back on track from the previous ‘jokes’.

Pobbop

I wonder if the squad have enhanced salaries built into their contracts following promotion ? I’m guessing they will have.

Josh Key..It would be great if he stayed,but could the club turn down a offer of around £1m when that could be ploughed into the playing budget ?
I think one mill is definitely something we could turn down, and TBH I'm not sure that kinda money puts him above Division 3 much. He'll be wise to look at Joel Randall, and think that if he'd started the season as badly as he did this one for a team who didn't know him he'd be in the reserves.

Best thing for him and us is for him to put some decent performances next year at an higher level, and then his prospects for moves will become much more elevated.