• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Squad Upgrade - League 1

Colesman Ballz

Very well known Exeweb poster
Encouraging news Banksy and Kells both came to us from Non League Clubs.
And Banks found Beer for us at Weymouth ! šŸŗ

Moomin Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
One GK who impressed me when he played at SJP recently was Shamal George of Colchester- he made some great saves- and his contract is up this summer. Or am I aiming too low?!
I was about to post the same. Seems like a very promising ā€˜keeper and has an excellent pedigree after coming through at Liverpool. Iā€™d imagine this type of signing is way more likely than Hamer coming back.

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
I was about to post the same. Seems like a very promising ā€˜keeper and has an excellent pedigree after coming through at Liverpool. Iā€™d imagine this type of signing is way more likely than Hamer coming back.
He certainly kept the score-line respectable for Colchester

Moomin Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
How about Fin Azaz to bolster our midfield? Heā€™s had a great season at Newport, on loan from Villa.

Or the lad Keillor-Dunn at Oldham who was their standout player. Iā€™m sure heā€™ll move on from them.

If last pre season taught us anything is that even ā€˜mehā€™ looking signings can turn out great. In Taylor we trust.

Mr Jinx

He certainly kept the score-line respectable for Colchester
Aye, he was good. And took our constant ribbing with good grace.

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
A goal-scoring forward needed. I have it on solid authority that we've been keeping an eye on striker Tony-James Lee at Poole Town. Transfer fee may be involved and promotion has helped on this front.
Scored a couple in their final match of the season https://www.facebook.com/PooleTownFC/videos/match-highlights-and-all-the-goals-ļø-from-yesterdays-5-2-win-over-met-policecoyd/760405438675549/
34 goals for the season, solid looking striker who was also out with injury for ten weeks in the season.

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
How about Fin Azaz to bolster our midfield? Heā€™s had a great season at Newport, on loan from Villa.

Or the lad Keillor-Dunn at Oldham who was their standout player. Iā€™m sure heā€™ll move on from them.

If last pre season taught us anything is that even ā€˜mehā€™ looking signings can turn out great. In Taylor we trust.
Should that read "In Flitcroft we trust?"

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
I do wonder whats going to happen with the Keeper conundrum, i wonder what the plan is? Perhaps Lee is earmarked for next season and always has been-He's going to be 18 soon and he's not your average youth keeper is he, big prospect.
We also still have Jack Arthur on our books, although heā€™s one of a number of youngsters (eg Iseguan, Dodd, Veale, Johnson) whose future seems unclear.

mfcrocker

But I know we'll meet again, some sunny day...
I like your logic, but "stay in League 1" ? Shirley our goal now is the Championship ! :cool:
Personally I'd like us to target mid-table or better

STURTZ

Don't think Matt would bottle it if offered a Championship position. Don't think he'd get a two year roller and huge wage increase if he did.