• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Squad numbers

Steve H

Is it this season that the number 9 shirt is un retired?

exeter-loyal

Should be retired for life!

Steve H

Should be retired for life!
Possibly... not sure anyone would take it even if it was available

Temporarily Exiled

Depends when you start counting.

As Stanno passed away during the 2010–2011 season, I personally wouldn't count that as a season the number was retired for – it was supposed to be used that season. I'd start counting from the first season from it having no player allocated to it, which would be 2011–12. I can see why people would count from 2010–11 though.

We should find out soon enough. Nicky Ajose hasn't worn the number 9 shirt for any of his previous clubs, but that's where he'll be playing for us. He's also experienced enough that he should be able to handle the pressure that comes with wearing the shirt. While I'd like for it to be somebody Exeter through-and-through wearing it, we only really have Seymour that plays as a number 9, and he's still just starting out in his career.

Corey

Depends when you start counting.

As Stanno passed away during the 2010–2011 season, I personally wouldn't count that as a season the number was retired for – it was supposed to be used that season. I'd start counting from the first season from it having no player allocated to it, which would be 2011–12. I can see why people would count from 2010–11 though.

We should find out soon enough. Nicky Ajose hasn't worn the number 9 shirt for any of his previous clubs, but that's where he'll be playing for us. He's also experienced enough that he should be able to handle the pressure that comes with wearing the shirt. While I'd like for it to be somebody Exeter through-and-through wearing it, we only really have Seymour that plays as a number 9, and he's still just starting out in his career.
Believe there was a tweet about six months ago that said the shirt would be available again for this season and they were hoping it would go to Jay Stansfield.

ryancooper327

So far I think I'm here with the numbers on training kits/past seasons. Of course everything can change and I may be wildy wrong.

older-codger

Believe there was a tweet about six months ago that said the shirt would be available again for this season and they were hoping it would go to Jay Stansfield.
I think you will find that Jay Stansfield will not be with us. I understand that he is going to Fulham

Grecian Max

Very well known Exeweb poster
I think you will find that Jay Stansfield will not be with us. I understand that he is going to Fulham
Already gone

Corey

View attachment 1023

So far I think I'm here with the numbers on training kits/past seasons. Of course everything can change and I may be wildy wrong.
Maxted 23
Cundy 28
Seymour 35
As I understand it.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
This is my list

No.Player
1Lewis Ward
2Pierce Sweeney
3Craig Woodman