• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Sports News

Rosencrantz

Very well known Exeweb poster
Cracking last couple of days in the Tour de France between Pogacar, Vingegaard and Carapaz, yesterday on the Col de Portet and today on the Tourmalet…Jonas Vingegaard has been superb in leading Jumbo Visma since Roglic was forced to retire but Pogacar always has that little bit extra when he needs it and has been very, very impressive in winning the last two stages.
Pogacar is going to be hard to beat for the next few years the way he looks at the moment.

Red Devon

Pogacar is going to be hard to beat for the next few years the way he looks at the moment.
Indeed..whenever someone tries to break on him the elastic just won’t snap.

older-codger

The problem is, as always with the tour, whether he is so far ahead without artificial support. He is able to switch it on even without any of his team around him and after the slog up Tourmalet.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
I don't have Eurosport, is there a way of watching the TdF?

Rosencrantz

The problem is, as always with the tour, whether he is so far ahead without artificial support. He is able to switch it on even without any of his team around him and after the slog up Tourmalet.
He has had more support from his team than he got last year when he pretty much freelanced his way to the yellow jersey. He was one of the last GC contenders yesterday with a teammate when Rafael Majka set him up and saw off Castroviejo. Sepp Kuss didn't last much longer either. Ineos and Jumbo-Visma do have stronger teams.

You are never going to get away from suspicions in cycling after what went on in previous times. It's tough on those that are now doing it clean though. Unless they get popped, how do you prove a negative?

Last edited:

Rosencrantz

It's been on ITV4 all the time Hants. Live and highlights at 7pm. For the Giro and Vuelta always look out for highlights on ITV4 or Quest who repeat the Eurosport highlights.

Avening Posse

I watched a great 2 part documentary about Lance Armstrong which was made quite recently. Although I am anti drugs in sport, I understood why he did it at the time he did it. Pretty much all the experts said in those times you’d stand no chance if you didn’t as so many of the others did. Good documentary

Red Devon

ITV4+1 - 8 o’clock if you miss it @7.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
ITV4+1 - 8 o’clock if you miss it @7.
I'm not sure quite what says, :) but I'm all ready for the live show from midday.

Last edited:

Red Devon

I'm not sure quite what says, :) but I'm already for the live show from midday.
You’ve picked a good one it could be a record breaker