• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Sports News

Rosencrantz

Very well known Exeweb poster
Mark Cavendish will be another Tour absentee.
Looks like Bahrain McLaren are going all out to support Mikel Landa which is fair enough although they are taking Sonny Colbrelli who won a stage last year. Wout Poels is in the team though reuniting with Landa.

Unfortunately I'm not sure Cav will get another go at Le Tour. One of the all time Tour greats though.

Greyhound

Well-known Exeweb poster
News on the Yates brothers. Adam is in the M-Scott Tour squad, but has signed a deal to join Ineos later. Simon is staying with M-Scott and is to aim for the Giro.

Rosencrantz

News on the Yates brothers. Adam is in the M-Scott Tour squad, but has signed a deal to join Ineos later. Simon is staying with M-Scott and is to aim for the Giro.
Interesting move for Adam. He must think he will be Froomes effective replacement and be given team leader status at one of the grand tours. With Bernal, Sivakov and Carapaz, not to mention G still hanging about, that might not be a given. But if he does, it's a great chance for him.

Red Devon

Red Devon

Lizzie Deignan wins third GP de Plouay title in British one-two
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cycling/53904242

Red Devon

Johanna Konta knocked out of the US Open tonight.

Greyhound

Well-known Exeweb poster
Novak Djokovic expelled from US Open. Dropped his serve and whacked a ball in frustration. It hit a lineswoman in the throat.

Tournament wide open now?

IndoMike

Too harsh disqualifying Djokovic for the incident with the line judge. He didn't whack it, but he did hit it. Just bad luck that it hit the line judge in the throat. If it had been anywhere else she would have been ok.
It was careless but I don't see any intention to harm her. Deduct a game : yes. But disqualify? I don't think so.

IndoMike

Johanna Konta knocked out of the US Open tonight.
Surprising that England can rarely produce too class tennis players.

Rosencrantz

Too harsh disqualifying Djokovic for the incident with the line judge. He didn't whack it, but he did hit it. Just bad luck that it hit the line judge in the throat. If it had been anywhere else she would have been ok.
It was careless but I don't see any intention to harm her. Deduct a game : yes. But disqualify? I don't think so.
It's the rules, automatic red card so to speak, as Tim Henman once found out.