• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Sports News

Red Devon

Very well known Exeweb poster
Wout Van Aert won the 40km TT today, Vingegaard now 3:34 lead on Pogacar going into tomorrow’s final stage to Paris.

Rosencrantz

Great to see a McColgan winning the 10,000 metres again. Great run by Eilish. Mum looked really chuffed.

Greyhound

Well-known Exeweb poster
Great to see a McColgan winning the 10,000 metres again. Great run by Eilish. Mum looked really chuffed.
I thought she'd be too one-paced to win, but she showed great determination. Those long legs really propelled her down the finishing straight!

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
That was brilliant.

Rosencrantz

I thought she'd be too one-paced to win, but she showed great determination. Those long legs really propelled her down the finishing straight!
Yeah, she made a decent attempt to run away from the two Kenyans with about 3/4 laps to go but couldn't get away although it might have done some damage to one of them who dropped back not long after. I don't think I have ever seen Eilish sprint like that. Probably helped that the other girl was more of a road runner than track. The head on shot of them both coming down the home straight showed that nothing was left on the track by either.

iscalad

Yeah, she made a decent attempt to run away from the two Kenyans with about 3/4 laps to go but couldn't get away although it might have done some damage to one of them who dropped back not long after. I don't think I have ever seen Eilish sprint like that. Probably helped that the other girl was more of a road runner than track. The head on shot of them both coming down the home straight showed that nothing was left on the track by either.
Couldn't believe I was actually cheering a Scot. Great stuff.

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
My stepcousin (if there is such a thing) is through to the last 8 in the Badminton men's singles, although he did make it harder work for himself in the first game today than it should have been.

Greyhound

Well-known Exeweb poster
Couldn't believe I was actually cheering a Scot. Great stuff.
I was too! Not something that's all that easy to do these days.

Greyhound

Well-known Exeweb poster
Disappointing to see the women's 4 x 400 squad lose their gold medal due to a disqualification. Also disappointing that the men, who used to be nailed on for a medal in major championships, seem to be nowhere these days. Their victory over the Americans in 1991 was especially memorable.

Greyhound

Well-known Exeweb poster
While watching the diving events, John McEnroe exclaimed: "You cannot be Spendolini-Sirieix, man".