• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Sporting Injuries

ECFC Nursey!

Very well known Exeweb poster
RIP to City's number nine. Sleep tight love
Six weeks apparently, operation should be sunday or monday. Doubt i'll be back working in six weeks because of my job.
yeh about 6 weeks in various plasters then LOADS of physio

Word of advice - DO THE PHYSIO!
Hope you dont suffer too much with the pain

Jersey Tone

I've been really lucky with sports injuries despite having played loads of footie, cricket, golf and squash. Done my cruciate ligament in my left knee playing football once. Nowhere near as bad as some of the horrors stories on this thread but still b****y painful nonetheless. Furthermore I made it worse by not giving it enough time to heal!!

P.S - St George, choker mate. Hope you get better soon, (or you took out injury insurance!!).

St George

yeh about 6 weeks in various plasters then LOADS of physio

Word of advice - DO THE PHYSIO!
Hope you dont suffer too much with the pain
Will certainly be doing as much as i can, had plenty over the years with various injuries including cutting the tendon in my left thumb. Always been quick to recover but so much older now!

P.S - St George, choker mate. Hope you get better soon, (or you took out injury insurance!!).
First time in years i haven't had any cover, what an idiot!

Oldsmobile-88

Ruptured my achilles last night playing 5 a side for the first time in 4 years! In plaster at the moment waiting for an operation. Self employed and soon to be very skint!
Not nice...I hope you get over it soon....

Knee problems for me years ago,which was not helped by sliding all over the sanded astro turf at Wonford playing 5 a side..

I collected a nasty cut on my leg from a nylon stud that was badly frayed in a 11 a side.Never felt a thing.My leg was that cold..

Mr Jan Yeo

Well-known Exeweb poster
I fractured my little finger playing rugby when I was a kid. That's pretty much it, although the seat in our race car makes my legs sore if I sit in it for too long. Not really sporty, me.

CITY CASUAL

Ruptured my achilles last night playing 5 a side for the first time in 4 years! In plaster at the moment waiting for an operation. Self employed and soon to be very skint!
Only found out last night about this geeze.What a gutter! :( Hope you get better soon mate.

St George

Only found out last night about this geeze.What a gutter! :( Hope you get better soon mate.
Cheers mate, fair to say my playing days are over! Had the operation on tuesday, very painful. Got a cast on till a week on monday then in a boot which will be gradually adjusted. Bummer but nothing compared to what some people are going through.

CREDYGRECIAN

Loving the free flowing entertaining football at S
Broken leg playing football & ankle ligament damage..

Burst ear drum playing cricket.
No fella , fielding at silly point , lad smashed on and hit me in the side of the face/ear knocked me out and burst my ear drum...not good , remeber one of the lads saying he thought i was dead.