• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Speaker's Corner

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
The thing is, some people (or "sheeple", ho ho ho) actually seem to believe this - a SHOUTY LEFT friend on FB, someone I knew at Uni but he never left, 20 years later, so has by my reckoning never done a day's work in his whole life, has shared something that states our government want to remove all of the following:

Two day weekends; Eight hour working days; Maternity leave; Retirement ages; Occupational Health & Safety; Workplace pensions; Paid holidays; Equality laws; The right not to be sacked because you got married, had a baby or became ill; Pay increases; The minimum wage; Collective bargaining; The right for the working classes to organise themselves a standard of living above that of 1850s Britain.

As I say, some people believe this load of sloblock.

Grecian_In_Exile

Very well known Exeweb poster
Definition of stupid, knowing the truth, seeing th
You couldn't write this script for a comedy program

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2015/11/11/david-cameron-slams-his-o_n_8531208.html

http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2015/nov/11/david-cameron-letter-cuts-oxfordshire?CMP=Share_AndroidApp_Facebook

"McDonnell joked: "I'm backing Cameron on this one, he is right that his Chancellor's cuts to local government are damaging"."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nFR8IBdXdJE (rofl)

Grecian_In_Exile

The thing is, some people (or "sheeple", ho ho ho) actually seem to believe this - a SHOUTY LEFT friend on FB, someone I knew at Uni but he never left, 20 years later, so has by my reckoning never done a day's work in his whole life, has shared something that states our government want to remove all of the following:

Two day weekends; Eight hour working days; Maternity leave; Retirement ages; Occupational Health & Safety; Workplace pensions; Paid holidays; Equality laws; The right not to be sacked because you got married, had a baby or became ill; Pay increases; The minimum wage; Collective bargaining; The right for the working classes to organise themselves a standard of living above that of 1850s Britain.

In July, the Financial Times revealed that the funding for children’s centres across England has been cut by 28% in just three years: is Cameron unaware of this? As for public protection, it is all but gone. Visits to workplaces by health and safety inspectors have fallen by 91% in four years, and have been abandoned altogether by 53 local authorities. If you want to endanger your workers, don’t mind us. You begin to see how the government’s agendas mesh.

http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2015/nov/11/david-cameron-letter-cuts-oxfordshire?CMP=Share_AndroidApp_Facebook

I'll get back to some of the remainder at a later time

Last edited:

Grecian_In_Exile

"Terminally ill people face being forced to work to keep their benefits under draconian new Government plans, it was revealed yesterday " did anyone vote for this??

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/terminally-ill-face-being-forced-690027

Grecian_In_Exile

myth? legend? misled? or just plain lies and bull****?

Michael Fallon MP, the defence secretary, just blatantly lied on BBC news by saying that David Cameron successfully avoided paying part of the EU bailout, which wasn't true.

Before the election they said they wouldn't pay................... afterwards they quietly paid up the £1.7Bn in full.

Grecian_In_Exile

Grecian_In_Exile

Just out of interest, how many of the above were brought into play by a Tory government?

Grecian_In_Exile

Myth? legend? misleading? deceit? or just plain lies and bull**** again?

Cameron's suggestion that UK benefits are acting as a draw to EU migrants is at odds with a series of published studies into the subject which found that benefits are not a significant draw for migrants.

The DWP's own published figures show that migrants are significantly less likely to claim benefits than UK nationals.

The Office for Budget Responsibility also found that migrants already pay more in taxes than they withdraw in benefits and are a net contributor to the UK economy, meaning any attempt to restrict numbers further could harm economic growth.

The prime minister set out his claims as part of his attempt to renegotiate the UK's relationship with the EU. Cameron has said that he wants to restrict the rights of EU migrants to claim benefits in the UK until they have lived in the country for at least four years.

Full article at the link...

http://politics.co.uk/news/2015/11/10/david-cameron-s-migrant-benefit-claims-referred-to-statistic

only an idiot would believe what comes out of his $h!t trumpet

Grecian_In_Exile

the sheeple ho ho ho are slowly waking up, this sounds a cunning plan to me

"Until now, these complicated offshore tricks have only been open to big companies who can afford the lawyers’ fees. But we’ve put our heads together, and worked out a way to mimic them. It’s jolly clever."
Mrs Carthew said the traders had a "very good meeting" with HMRC when they submitted their offshore tax plan for approval. "It’s a threat to the Government because if they don’t act this could be rolled out to every town. Everything we have proposed is legal."

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/crickhowell-welsh-town-moves-offshore-to-avoid-tax-on-local-business-a6728971.html

Crickhowell residents want to share their tax avoidance plan with other towns, in a bid to force the Treasury into legislation to crack down on loopholes which allowed the likes of Amazon to pay just £11.9m of tax last year on £5.3bn of UK internet sales.

Together we are stronger!!!

Grecian_In_Exile

The world is upside down

Paris Terrorists... What we know - Not Syrian, Not refugees, No Encryption.....
What media/politicians are focusing on ... Syrians, refugees and encryption

Cop21 Paris Environmental Summit... Who's allowed in - The Oil Lobby, The Coal Lobby, The Gas Lobby.....
Who's not allowed in ... Greenpeace, The Friends Of The Earth, Environmental Campaigners