• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Southampton U21s Papa Johns

andrew p long

Very well known Exeweb poster
City to put out their 'weakest ever' side in this competition, according to Matt Taylor (soon to be City's former manager:().

With nine games in October, including every Tuesday, and an injury crisis, obviously we don't want to risk players who are at risk of injury/overload.

Competition rules say we have to play 4 outfield 'qualifying players' but that includes not just those who started on Saturday but also anyone who has 40 first team starts or is on loan from a Premier League club. So we should be able to do that ok - MJ Smith Chauke all eligible.

Line up. I think I would use this to try out Smith at centre half, which may be necessary with Sweenz suspended for Saturday(?). Scott Brown needed for coaching duties so:-

Lee
Sweeney Smith James
King Chauke Borges Daniels
MJ
Spencer Cox

manc grecian

Who cares anymore

wiveygrecian

City to put out their 'weakest ever' side in this competition, according to Matt Taylor (soon to be City's former manager:().

With nine games in October, including every Tuesday, and an injury crisis, obviously we don't want to risk players who are at risk of injury/overload.

Competition rules say we have to play 4 outfield 'qualifying players' but that includes not just those who started on Saturday but also anyone who has 40 first team starts or is on loan from a Premier League club. So we should be able to do that ok - MJ Smith Chauke all eligible.

Line up. I think I would use this to try out Smith at centre half, which may be necessary with Sweenz suspended for Saturday(?). Scott Brown needed for coaching duties so:-

Lee
Sweeney Smith James
King Chauke Borges Daniels
MJ
Spencer Cox
Probably put Iseguan into the team too as he’s back from Torquay

Agent Andy

The only way Lee will play is if Brown follows Taylor as they will need to recall him from loan , which will be a shame as he’s just won player of the month at Dorchester

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster
Who cares anymore
Life? Don't talk to me about life.

Rosencrantz

The only way Lee will play is if Brown follows Taylor as they will need to recall him from loan , which will be a shame as he’s just won player of the month at Dorchester
Dorchester haven't got a game midweek so as long as there is an agreement between the two clubs that Harry can play in these games he is available for selection. That goes for any player on loan at a National League club down according to Rule 7.2.2

Seeing as Dorchester are at Southern League level, I believe they can terminate the loan one day and then continue the loan the next. See Jordan Dyer last season after being recalled against Sutton and then returning to Bath.

citytillidie72

Well-known Exeweb poster
We can play the under 10s for all I care. Hopefully we lose on Tuesday and go out.

Cowshed Grecian

Who cares anymore
I woke up feeling like this!

Colesman Ballz

Brown following Taylor is not "a given" nor is it without complications. He is a registered player with us and as such will be governed by transfer window regulations. I can't see the Club being prepared to instantly release him, leaving us with no experienced back up keeper for Blackman.

iscalad

Brown following Taylor is not "a given" nor is it without complications. He is a registered player with us and as such will be governed by transfer window regulations. I can't see the Club being prepared to instantly release him, leaving us with no experienced back up keeper for Blackman.
Player/manager