• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Soup

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Had some mushrooms in the fridge that were looking a bit tired, so turned them in to soup. Was okay!

Last edited:

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Don't know why, but threw away the carcass after the roast on Sunday, so have had to do with a New Convent Garden Class Chicken soup. Not as good as my homemade soup.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Made some carrot and coriander soup. Too much coriander but otherwise was excellent.

ramone

Well-known Exeweb poster
If i had to agree with you we would both be wrong
Why cant we have soup in cups on night time matches ? Have tomato , mushroom and say oxtail be just right on a breezy evening .

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
Why cant we have soup in cups on night time matches ? Have tomato , mushroom and say oxtail be just right on a breezy evening .
You know, surprisingly that's not a bad idea at all. Easy to prepare and serve and will warm the cockles on cold winter days and nights.

feverpitch

Well-known Exeweb poster
You know, surprisingly that's not a bad idea at all. Easy to prepare and serve and will warm the cockles on cold winter days and nights.
Hot food of any description would be nice.

Spoonz Red E

It's a fine line between 'any description' and 'indescribable' ...

Colesman Ballz

I think the suggestion of serving hot soup at SJP in the winter months is a bleedy brilliant idea and simple to implement. It would be a great alternative to the ubiquitous Bovril. The only downside that I can see is the inevitable endless arguments over what flavour that it should be ! Lol.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
I wonder if we're allowed to bring in a flask of hot soup?

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
inevitable endless arguments over what flavour that it should be ! Lol.
Lobster bisque for the IP Office Stand, Broccoli and stilton for the SASS, and tomato soup for the Big Bank.