• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Sonny Cox

andrew p long

Very well known Exeweb poster
The loan at Bath is proving great experience for Sonny. Last night the third placed opposition had 2 red cards and nine yellow cards as Bath ran out 2-0 winners, with Sonny netting. Fiesty game!

Bath managers says they are down to 11 fit outfielders, down to 10 after last night. Very pleased with Sonny's contribution. They have 3 games a week now due to previous pitch problems and a cup run, so all fit first team players have to play every game until that eases.

Experience that you can't buy. On Jordan Dyer's interview (see Bridgy's post 161 above) it is said that Bath have a Devon car pool (Elliott Frear driving last night) so could they use one more of our players? (josh Coley to get some match fitness?)

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
The loan at Bath is proving great experience for Sonny. Last night the third placed opposition had 2 red cards and nine yellow cards as Bath ran out 2-0 winners, with Sonny netting. Fiesty game!

Bath managers says they are down to 11 fit outfielders, down to 10 after last night. Very pleased with Sonny's contribution. They have 3 games a week now due to previous pitch problems and a cup run, so all fit first team players have to play every game until that eases.

Experience that you can't buy. On Jordan Dyer's interview (see Bridgy's post 161 above) it is said that Bath have a Devon car pool (Elliott Frear driving last night) so could they use one more of our players? (josh Coley to get some match fitness?)
Didn't they also sign Dan Hayfield from Tivvy so I presume he is part of the car pool?

Rosencrantz

Didn't they also sign Dan Hayfield from Tivvy so I presume he is part of the car pool?
They did. Very good player for Tivvy.

Colesman Ballz

Bath managers says they are down to 11 fit outfielders, down to 10 after last night. On Jordan Dyer's interview (see Bridgy's post 161 above) it is said that Bath have a Devon car pool (Elliott Frear driving last night) so could they use one more of our players? (josh Coley to get some match fitness?)
I am not sure that Josh Coley is fit yet, but if he loaned him to Bath for a short time wouldn't that preclude him playing for us this season under the not more than two clubs rule ? :unsure:
Alternatively with the Club doggedly refusing to play Jevani, perhaps we can offer them him on a short term loan instead, at least it would keep him "match fit" ready for any possible return ! :cool:

Grecianpasty

I am not sure that Josh Coley is fit yet, but if he loaned him to Bath for a short time wouldn't that preclude him playing for us this season under the not more than two clubs rule ? :unsure:
Alternatively with the Club doggedly refusing to play Jevani, perhaps we can offer them him on a short term loan instead, at least it would keep him "match fit" ready for any possible return ! :cool:
I believe the rule doesn't apply to non league. Case in point, Harry Smith who is now on loan at Barnet.

jase 07

I am not sure if it is a serious suggestion, but I doubt Jevani would agree to a loan to a National League South Club, if he picked up a serious injury it could scupper a big money move for him in the summer.

Colesman Ballz

I am not sure if it is a serious suggestion, but I doubt Jevani would agree to a loan to a National League South Club, if he picked up a serious injury it could scupper a big money move for him in the summer.
Shirley I can't be serious ? :unsure: :)

StroudGrecian

I was at Twerton on Tuesday night, it certainly was an entertaining game and it was great to see a City player score again, albeit for another team :).

Sonny Cox was one of the better players on the pitch and really impressed, particularly with his physicality, muscling his was through to a one-on-one in the first half which the keeper saved and another Bath player then blazed wide when it was easier to score.

Not sure who the ref was but he impressed too - a real non-nonsense type of guy who didn't shy from sending off a Havant thug in the first half for persistent fouling - the sort of decision that only usually happens later on in the second half. Havant really were a dirty cynical side, 10 booking sounds OTT but as far as I could see all were deserved, including those following a mass brawl when the second Havant player was given a straight red for a horror tackle late on.

One delightful surprise - I didn't know that just a couple of weeks ago Twerton had finally been de-classified as a league stadium (legacy of the Gas camping there many years back), which means that you can now enjoy a pint or two of Gem there while actually watching the match - Heaven!

DawlishBouy

Build up to Sonny's goal starts at 12:30 -

Grecian in Guzz

Well-known Exeweb poster
Build up to Sonny's goal starts at 12:30 -
Like the "The Cox in the Box " comment !