• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Sonny Cox

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member

Moomin Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Will be interesting to see how he does. Hopefully being exposed to proper adult football will be the making of him and he can bag a few goals.

Devon Red

Well-known Exeweb poster
Interesting that MT spoke as if Cox would get minutes in first team this season, I wonder what has changed?

I know there has been talk of him struggle to adjust to full time football.

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
Well it didn't do Ollie any harm going to Weston for a few months!

This is just what he needs.

Rosencrantz

Very well known Exeweb poster
Well it didn't do Ollie any harm going to Weston for a few months!

This is just what he needs.
And Ollie was two years older than Sonny when he went. Any senior football at a decent standard for a 17 year old is good going. Hopefully Sonny gets plenty of minutes and experience.

SaintJames

Great move for the young man. Hopefully really good experience

Agent Andy

Interesting that MT spoke as if Cox would get minutes in first team this season, I wonder what has changed?

I know there has been talk of him struggle to adjust to full time football.
Would rather have Seymour it would seem 👍

Bridgy 81

And Ollie was two years older than Sonny when he went. Any senior football at a decent standard for a 17 year old is good going. Hopefully Sonny gets plenty of minutes and experience.
WsM are going well this season.
Amongst others they have Scott Laird and Dayle Grubb who are both very good footballers at that level.
Plus Laird plays left back/wing back and Grubb towards the left side of midfield, so ideally placed for Sonny to link up with. I think he could learn a lot from those two.
I’ll go up for a couple of games and report back here.
I have my eye on forthcoming matches against Frome in the Somerset Cup and Poole in the league (so I may also get the chance to see Ryan Harley and Jack Veale).

andrew p long

Very well known Exeweb poster
Should Sonny now have his own thread?

It really young - first year scholar - to go out on loan. I wouldn't expect him to be starting every game at WSM. At 2 years older than this MJ's WSM loan only lasted a month. This loan won't define Sonny's career, but is an opportunity

I suspect MT thought Sonny would be closer to the first team playing minutes than he has been - just 2 sub appearances totalling 80 minutes in the Papa Johns. This season has been tricky for him with injuries and Covid resulting in some performances below the level that we all know he is capable of.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Should Sonny now have his own thread?
Yep. Here you go.