• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Sonny Cox

Ian Tarr

I think there's a danger in putting too much on Sonny's shoulders.

I believe he will make it as an EFL player, hopefully with us, but his performance yesterday underlines for me that he can make a contribution from the bench, which he has done a few times this season.

The next challenge he faces is making a difference when starting, which he hasn't done yet.

When he begins to do this, he will be well on the road to being a very valuable player for us.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member

ECFCNo1

Second league one goal, he scored last season against Oxford, but this angle shows what a good finish it actually was, with the ball coming in at pace and taking a big deflection he adjusted his body brilliantly to make sure he didn't put that over the bar.

Gordon Dale

I briefly made his acquaintance at the recent annual senior Reds lunch. He chose to sit on our table. Struck me as a being a really nice lad with a very good temperament. Definitely a sportsman without an ego. i've little doubt that Sonny will let his football 'do his talking'. Augurs well for his future. Another absolute gem from The Academy.

Spanks

Administrator
Staff member
Second league one goal, he scored last season against Oxford, but this angle shows what a good finish it actually was, with the ball coming in at pace and taking a big deflection he adjusted his body brilliantly to make sure he didn't put that over the bar.
I’m not saying he wasn’t adjusting, but it hit him flush in the face and went in. There wasn’t much finishing involved. 🤣

That said, he was in the right place, and that’s a huge improvement on his compatriots for the last good knows how long.

grecIAN Harris

Very well known Exeweb poster
I’m not saying he wasn’t adjusting, but it hit him flush in the face and went in. There wasn’t much finishing involved. 🤣

That said, he was in the right place, and that’s a huge improvement on his compatriots for the last good knows how long.
That's called strikers instincts Spanks, doing whatever it takes to get the ball over the line whether it's getting smacked in the face or knocking it over the line with his arse.

Banksy

Very well known Exeweb poster

Spanks

Administrator
Staff member
That's called strikers instincts Spanks, doing whatever it takes to get the ball over the line whether it's getting smacked in the face or knocking it over the line with his arse.
That’s why I said he was in the right place, Ian. I acknowledge that. Not critical of him at all.

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
I briefly made his acquaintance at the recent annual senior Reds lunch. He chose to sit on our table. Struck me as a being a really nice lad with a very good temperament. Definitely a sportsman without an ego. i've little doubt that Sonny will let his football 'do his talking'. Augurs well for his future. Another absolute gem from The Academy.
I don't know how they do it but it really is impressive how our academy keeps churning out what appears to be a succession of really nice lads.

I don't know how they do it but it really is impressive how our academy keeps churning out what appears to be a succession of really nice lads.
They have a picture of Martin Rice in a Truro shirt hanging up at the academy, as a gentle reminder to what can happen if you’re a knobhead…