• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Sonny Cox

andrew p long

Very well known Exeweb poster
I thought they would both get it. Even Weston have more than one match ball!
Good point! I was thinking there was only one ball for *this* match, but even that isn't right! Balls do get kicked out of the ground and a second match ball gets used ... so provided they get returned (!) there will be at least two match balls available for this purpose !

iscalad

Devonlive

andrew p long

Interesting. Sonny's season was disrupted and it is also fair to say that when he did appear for City/U23s etc the 16 year old Sonny looked still a long way from the first team.

But the loan to W-S-M was a great one, with Sonny starting on the bench and having to force his way into a successful team.

August will be important. Players like Sonny will be in/around the match day squad for a busy August (which includes League Cup and first Papa Johns game). Then an assessment about loans out made once the transfer business is sorted - window closes 1 September.

PS Hants, sorry to be a nuisance but could you (at least for now!) remove the 'out on loan' from the Sonny Cox thread title at some stage?

DJG.ECFC

Still only 17, think he may get a loan to somewhere like Taunton in the conference south before he’s in our match day squad

Last edited:

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
I've changed the title. Was trying to think of something flamboyant but I'm out if ideas

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
Big hopes for Sonny but it's normally the ones that have had little fuss made about their talent that break through and move on.

andrew p long

I've changed the title. Was trying to think of something flamboyant but I'm out if ideas
Many thanks. I actually like the thread titles which are simply the name of the player, which we use throughout their time with us (which is good for capturing the divergent (and changing!) views of a player!

Rosencrantz

He had certainly looked like he had taken a step forward physically when I saw him play at Tivvy for Weston near the end of the season. Still plenty of time for him to add to that as well at 17.

Grecianpasty

I can see him at Torquay.

Having seen him play and the improvements he's made, I think he's better than Conference South.

Theres no risk from a Torquay point of view, considering that he won't be on much.

tonykellowfan

I do not think he will go out on loan.

He will play for the first team in some of the lesser games and will be on the bench early in the season.

He could easily break into the team next season.