• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Sonny Cox

Cowshed Grecian

Sonny scored twice for Bath in their 2-2 draw today.

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
Sonny scored twice for Bath in their 2-2 draw today.
Did he? Someone should have said.

Avening Posse

Very well known Exeweb poster
Great to see he bagged a couple. I remember Ollie needing some serious time at WSM to get used to mens football and it served him well, maybe Bath can be the same for Sonny if the loan is extended

andrew p long

I expect we will.
Bath City have their own YouTube channel, which I look at occasionally, where they post very comprehensive match highlights.
I must confess I haven’t watched it but the one of their Boxing Day home game against Chippenham is 26 minutes long!
Many thanks. 23 minutes for this game. Excellent coverage, camera work and commentary. Well worth watching the relevant sections.

But most importantly Sonny's goals and movement to winning the penalty show why there was the hype about him. Which is great because frankly his season to date had been a bit disappointing. Commentators were right to rave about the first goal; brilliant composure, rounds the keeper and calmly strokes home from a very narrow angle.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Highlights of Bath City vs Worthing

citytillidie72

Well-known Exeweb poster
Going out on loan will do him the world of good. He'll be getting regular first team football. I know taylor wanted to send him out on loan at the start of the season, but because of lack of numbers in the squad, couldn't.

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
Highlights of Bath City vs Worthing

Not watched any further than Sonny's first goal yet but I need to ask...are these the poshest commentators in football?

Secondly, the summariser dude says 'I'll tell you what - if a professional footballer scores that they'd be talking about it all week'. Who is going to tell him?

Exehausted

Very good coverage. Sonny's interview afterwards was very good as well. Clearly a very level headed young man. Had a real glint in his eye when asked about the New Years day match against local rivals Chippenham, he's clearly looking forward to it!

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member

andrew p long

Really good news about Sonny's loan extension to the end of the season. Bath's manager Jerry Gill both rates and plays Sonny. He's learning different positions/roles too, unlike his youth career when he would almost inevitably be the main man down the centre. For example Sonny has played on the right in a front 3, which Gill says can become 5-4-1 without the ball.