• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Sol Campbell to Macclesfield?

fred binneys head

Very well known Exeweb poster
I’d give it 6 weeks
Have you just come out of trap 2?

ramone

Well-known Exeweb poster
If i had to agree with you we would both be wrong
Who hasn't almost swerved off the road when being informed they were only being offered £50,000 a week?

[But yes. There is still institutional racism in football. Only last year I heard a radio pundit saying Darren Moore should not be offered the WBA manager's job permanently despite the fact he had shown how well he could manage a team in the caretaker role. I mean he literally proved it. He has obvious natural leadership skills, a fantastic record at the end of the season and almost pulled off a miracle. But no, he was a 'Number 2', apparently (facepalm)]
Well that pundit was obviously wrong.
If someone is good enough to do a job whatever colour they may be let them do the job , What annoys me is when people get a job because they pull the race/gender card over someone else with better qualifications.

IndoMike

Well that pundit was obviously wrong.
If someone is good enough to do a job whatever colour they may be let them do the job , What annoys me is when people get a job because they pull the race/gender card over someone else with better qualifications.
C'mooon Ramone. Do me a favour. Whenever does that happen?

ramone

Well-known Exeweb poster
C'mooon Ramone. Do me a favour. Whenever does that happen?
Mate I was speaking with a RM mate at remembrance parade and he was saying now they are having females in all roles in the Armed forces some are being fast tracked and not having to do the same things the guys are having to do !

Now don't get me wrong I know a couple of female WO2's who would run rings around some guys but they are the exception to the rule.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Mate I was speaking with a RM mate at remembrance parade and he was saying now they are having females in all roles in the Armed forces some are being fast tracked and not having to do the same things the guys are having to do !

Now don't get me wrong I know a couple of female WO2's who would run rings around some guys but they are the exception to the rule.
Yes, of course there is a mate to backup your argument. :)

IndoMike

Ramone : you said "What annoys me is when people get a job because they pull the race/gender card over someone else with better qualifications".
Regarding race,
1. How many managers of African or Asian descent are there in the 92-club football league?
2. I honestly find it really difficult to believe that a person of African or Asian descent will be given priority for a job purely based on his race... I mean, it's not impossible that it happens on very rare occasions, but I tend to think it's the reverse.

ramone

Well-known Exeweb poster
Yes, of course there is a mate to backup your argument. :)
Not a problem he is based at CTCRM for the time being you can ask him yourself !

I'll invite him up to the next Saturday game at home if he is free.

ramone

Well-known Exeweb poster
Ramone : you said "What annoys me is when people get a job because they pull the race/gender card over someone else with better qualifications".
Regarding race,
1. How many managers of African or Asian descent are there in the 92-club football league?
2. I honestly find it really difficult to believe that a person of African or Asian descent will be given priority for a job purely based on his race... I mean, it's not impossible that it happens on very rare occasions, but I tend to think it's the reverse.
I don't know the answer tbh Mike.

IndoMike

I don't know the answer tbh Mike.
OK Ramone. I'm not gonna press you on this at the moment, It's Saturday - relax time.

ramone

Well-known Exeweb poster
OK Ramone. I'm not gonna press you on this at the moment, It's Saturday - relax time.
No biggy mate I honestly don't know and haven't got the time to go through and find out the info.