• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Social media presence

Pete Martin (CTID)

Very well known Exeweb poster
Go back to simple basics and use the club website as the go to place for everything.
But folk won't Lego. If social media had never been invented, then fine. However, you can't uninvent the wheel. If what you suggest were implemented I'd submit that the club would lose 50%+ of it's online interaction.

What is needed is proper policing by the SM companies. As with most things in life, 90% play by the rules. It's the 10% that don't that always create a disproportionate problem for the rest of us and that's why this weekend's campaign is so important.

Ex-ciderrr

Would YouTube be classed as social media? i understand the highlights being available to be shown (Bolton game) as sky and EFL would of shown them anyway but the fact post match interviews were uploaded to our YouTube channel yesterday seems very odd when most clubs have boycott social media for the weekend. Now I understand the video of the interviews would have had to have taken place anyway but surely you just save them and release upon end of the boycott? Or is YouTube just not deemed as social media?

it’s not a dig at all at anyone or anything, I just feel somewhat confused given the way the boycott has been publicised and built up. I don’t know weather other clubs have done so too either.

geoffwp

Not sure how YouTube would be classified but it's easy to upload a video and not allow any comment. Maybe that makes it a lot different from Twitter and other social platforms?

Ex-ciderrr

maybe Youtube is classed as social media?

I stress no digs at anyone or anything, I am just abit confused before I get hounded. None of the other platforms also deemed “Exeter City on social media” have been active since the start of the boycott on Friday.

Rosencrantz

View attachment 5926

maybe Youtube is classed as social media?

I stress no digs at anyone or anything, I am just abit confused before I get hounded. None of the other platforms also deemed “Exeter City on social media” have been active since the start of the boycott on Friday.
The boycott was against Twitter, Facebook and Instagram.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bbc.com/sport/56936797.amp

DB9

Think YouTube is owned by Google, I'd thought it might have been a good idea to put a banner at the top of YouTube/Google pages to show their support for it?

Ex-ciderrr

brilliant, thanks for the clarity on the subject rosencrantz. (y)

Snakebite

Well-known Exeweb poster
Has anyone else quite enjoyed the blackout this weekend? It’s been great not stumbling across scoreline spoilers by accident.

Legohead

Banned
I will revise my view slightly regarding this issue. I still think that more action is needed by clubs and that this action is a token gesture which will have little effect, however it is at least a start and may lead to further boycotts on a regular basis and so it is a positive move overall. I was a bit negative about it. My thinking is that if there is a problem, which in this case is SM companies not taking action against racism and abuse etc, then to solve the problem, clubs should ban their use altogether.

This is an extreme view and i know that this is not really an option for clubs as they need SM for their marketing etc in these modern times so i have to bear that in mind.

I really don't know what the balance is between actually making the SM companies take action and not cutting yourself off completely as a club from SM.

Oldsmobile-88

Has anyone else quite enjoyed the blackout this weekend? It’s been great not stumbling across scoreline spoilers by accident.
It was strange..I follow all L2 teams & a few in L1 on Twitter hence my feed has been quiet.

Just Music related,Film &TV,refreshing but I missed the ECFC twitter feed it has to be said.