• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

So who do wemiss the most?

EX4 6PX

Well-known Exeweb poster
Your choices are (from last year's squad):

Jamie Cureton
Matt Taylor
Ryan Harley
Paul Jones

If you like, you can even give your reasons.

There seems little point in including Marcus Stewart, although wemissstewart may vote for him, if he is still posting.

Alistair20000

Very well known Exeweb poster
Ryan Harley

Reason: As Missy so aptly put it, "our get out of jail free card."

HarryECFC

Gotta be Harley for me, He was a great player and not too old. Our striking/going forward force is lacking.

malcolms

Logically it has to be Cureton, it was his goals that made us competitive...Now you can argue for a year and a day whether he would have got the chances to score the goals if Harley hadnt been there, but the reality is that he put the ball in the net and we are finding out this season what an art that is. Although, it's clearly something that can be "easily rectified":S

Last edited:

Sarcy Sid

Harley, without a doubt. His ability to create and score goals is sadly lacking this season. Also you always got the feeling that something exciting was going to happen when he got the ball, even if he did start off by running in the wrong direction! Doesnt seem to be able to do much for Brighton though.

Poultice

Ben Watson, he leaves, we stop scoring.

Simples.

LOG

Harley. Yes, Cureton scored 20 odd goals, but it's creating the chances which we're lacking now.

EX4 6PX

Well-known Exeweb poster
Letting Cureton go is now looking like astute management/ a stroke of luck. (delete as appropriate) How many has he got for Orient? How many times has he even played for them? Will he play for them next season, or just drain their wage bill?

So many times this season I have thought we could do with Harley back. When he was here I called him a luxury player. He made the team better in most games, but I thought that we could get by without him. We can, but only just. With just his dead ball ability we would be higher up the table, let alone his ability to fashion the occasional goal out of nothing and create chances for others.

Wemissharley.

Banksy

Ryan Harley for midfield creativity every time , but I wouldn't turn down a fit Matt Taylor to shore up our defence.

Moomin Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Definitely Harley IMO.

We miss his creative edge as others have said. Also though, he used to link up with Golbourne very well down the left and we've had none of that this season. I realise Golbourne can't cross a bridge but the link up play was still good to see.